Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the site for 2017 Pontiac Adventure Registration is up an running with some great videos from last year. Pontiac Adventures picks up where the G.O.N.E, (G8/GTO Owners National Event) events left off but expanded to include all Pontiac's. It is a different event than most with the many tours to wineries, breweries, Cheese Haus's, and restaurants (there were 6 tours last year, some spirited and some more casual, you choose). The car show is only one aspect of the event, which also included drag racing, timed laps on the oval race track, burnout contests, and tailgate party in addition to the many Wisconsin back-road tours. This year there will be Autocrossing. Do a goggle search on Pontiac Adventures and go to the 2017 event site. Check out the Josh's Car Corner coverage of last years event. There is a list of the classes as well as last years class winners. I get to say "That's my boy" because my son took home the Modified G8 GT award. Chula Vista Resort has an indoor water-park and is family friendly. Come out and have a blast with your Pontiac's for a weekend. I've registered the G8 GT and my wife has registered her Solstice GXP. Hoping to gather more interest here from the Solstice Community.

I also see that the POCI convention will be at Chula Vista Resort in 2018 from June 24-28th. Mark your calendars for both events especially Adventures if you like to drive your Solstice.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
This is the weekend before the annual WiSols Dell's meet.
2 Years ago 3 of the organizers actually came to where we all were staying to give us info on their event.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the weekend before the annual WiSols Dell's meet.
2 Years ago 3 of the organizers actually came to where we all were staying to give us info on their event.
Where can I find info on that event? I don't see it listed in the WISols section. Have you considered possibly joining the Adventures event? I know the organizers of Adventures, I'm sure Chris would be willing to discuss with someone and Joe is a drag racing buddy of mine. How many people normally attend this event? Do you have a website like the Pontiac Adventures event has? More info please, I am relatively new to the Solstice Forum.

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
Where can I find info on that event? I don't see it listed in the WISols section. Have you considered possibly joining the Adventures event? I know the organizers of Adventures, I'm sure Chris would be willing to discuss with someone and Joe is a drag racing buddy of mine. How many people normally attend this event? Do you have a website like the Pontiac Adventures event has? More info please, I am relatively new to the Solstice Forum.
Everything is done on Facebook group page these days. Look up WiSols for all info.
https://www.facebook.com/events/281429559002888/?ti=icl

Previous organizers (a friend and myself) are moving out of the area prior to this year's event and others have taken over the organization. Generally there are up to 24 cars in attendance - generally run in 2 groups.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry don't do Facebook! How hard is it to post an event on this site? You would think you would want the extra publicity.

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts
I saw the Chula Vista name, and was excited. Then realized it was during a period I would be out of state, then realized it was in Wisconsin. Going to miss that one.

It seems everything is moving to Face Book. San Diego group, Northern California group, few post on the forum anymore. Seems when an administrator sends you to face book over the forum things are not going to here much longer.

I hate Face Book, try to avoid it as much as possible, but looks like that is where we are headed to get information.

I really don't need to know when someone's dog poops by the pool, or a 10 year old has a love affair going on. Too much garbage to wade thru for me

·
Administrator
9,153 Posts
Sorry don't do Facebook! How hard is it to post an event on this site? You would think you would want the extra publicity.
When I helped run this event it was posted on both forums, as well as another, along with Facebook. I have no control over what the current organizers do.

I understand the frustration but it seems to be how many of solstice/sky events are posted now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ken, Deb and I were the ones to meet with the Solstice group. They are a fun bunch of people!!! Hello everyone! I was very close to getting a Solstice coupe back then. Made me wish I had one to join in on the fun. We had given them the invite, and do so again this hear, to attend Pontiac Adventures. They have there own party and I respect that. It's worth the effort to get involved with them. Much like Pontiac Adventures you'll make me friends and see some cool cars.

Chris Wachel
Pontiac Adventures

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ken, Deb and I were the ones to meet with the Solstice group. They are a fun bunch of people!!! Hello everyone! I was very close to getting a Solstice coupe back then. Made me wish I had one to join in on the fun. We had given them the invite, and do so again this year, to attend Pontiac Adventures. They have there own party and I respect that. It's worth the effort to get involved with them. Much like Pontiac Adventures you'll make me friends and see some cool cars.

Chris Wachel
Pontiac Adventures
Chris, I was a little flabbergasted to see your reply to a post of mine over here on the Solstice Forum. I'm sure you don't mine me promoting your event over hear. The Solstice group is kind of a misfit Pontiac group in that the true Pontiac Diehards don't acknowledge them. It's kind of like us owners of Pontiac's built by Holden in Australia. There are many that don't acknowledge them as Pontiacs. I think that bringing the Sols and Holdens into a common event is a great idea. And like the Sols event, Pontiac Adventures is all about driving our cars; on the tours, on track, in the autocross. The two events seem to be so compatible. I wouldn't give up on drawing this community into your event. As you can see I'm trying to build interest over here, but I would have hoped for a little more of that Pontiac Excitement.

Ken Lesko
Self-proclaimed, Un-official Pontiac Adventures Promoter

·
Registered
154 Posts
This will be my third year with the WISols group. Thought about doing the Pontiac Adventure group, but as MomSsol pointed out, it is a week before so maybe next year I may do both.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two more weeks until this event. A wonderful time guaranteed. If you are going to WISols event a week later and are not to far away consider stopping by for Saturday only. Check out the website.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arriving Thursday evening with both the G8 and the wife's Solstice, Can't wait.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Arrived chula vista resort and parked next to a Brazen orange Sol GXP. Don't know if you are on this forum but will likely find out tomorrow. I'm expecting Jay and Betty to show up with their Mean Yellow Sol GXP tomorrow. With the WISol event next weekend I don't expect to see to many Sols at this event but it is good to have a few. Saw the sweetest 62 Grand Prix on a trailer. Cant wait to get a better look at that thing in daylight.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who are the new organizers of the WISol group? I would like to contact someone about their group.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just had one of the funnest Birthdays of my life ripping around the back roads of Wisconsin as part of Pontiac Adventures. Josh lead an awesome Spirited Tour to a cheesemaker, wonderful restaurant, and vineyard/winemakers. Went from 8 to 4 and ending at the Dell's Raceway Park for some laps around the 1/3 mile track. I'm sure it was a little unnerving for Juli who was a trouper while we took backroad S curves and corners at 2 to 3 times the posted speed and full throttle pulls time after time. Definitely the best Spirited tour I have ever participated in. Tomorrow after the car show we will take Juli's Solstice on Tour #5 a Scenic drive around Devils Lake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts