Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I paid a deposit to my dealer for one of the 12 cars allocated to him, he gave me a sheet titled "Retail Vehicle Order". It had a order no. of six alpha digits. I then called Pontiac to confirm the order. He saw my order on his system.

I then asked him if it was one of the EOP. He said that all the orders entered in the system are EOP. Does this mean that only EOP orders are being processed? Or does it mean that all the dealer allocations are EOP?

Did someone else also get a six digit alpha no. from their dealer?

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
harry said:
When I paid a deposit to my dealer for one of the 12 cars allocated to him, he gave me a sheet titled "Retail Vehicle Order". It had a order no. of six alpha digits. I then called Pontiac to confirm the order. He saw my order on his system.

I then asked him if it was one of the EOP. He said that all the orders entered in the system are EOP. Does this mean that only EOP orders are being processed? Or does it mean that all the dealer allocations are EOP?

Did someone else also get a six digit alpha no. from their dealer?
No, the ONLY orders considered EOP are for the first 1000. All the other orders are from the dealers allocation for the first 4 months, also I believe the six diget number is what is called your VOM # once it is entered into the system.
Hope that help, if GTOJ or one of the other dealers want to add something else in case I am not explaining it correctly.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
LatinVenom said:
No, the ONLY orders considered EOP are for the first 1000. All the other orders are from the dealers allocation for the first 4 months, also I believe the six digit number is what is called your VOM # once it is entered into the system.
Hope that help, if GTOJ or one of the other dealers want to add something else in case I am not explaining it correctly.
Ummmm... Actually, I think that harry is correct. For these first cars, they are Early Orders and part of the Early Order Program. There is segment of the Early Order Program for the exclusive first 1000 retail orders, but GM seems to have been calling all orders placed during this period prior to production start part of the Early Order Program.

Semantics, I know, but can some of our other folks like Small Dealer, Conejo148, and others help us out?

·
Premium Member
10,409 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
Ummmm... Actually, I think that harry is correct. For these first cars, they are Early Orders and part of the Early Order Program. There is segment of the Early Order Program for the exclusive first 1000 retail orders, but GM seems to have been calling all orders placed during this period prior to production start part of the Early Order Program.

Semantics, I know, but can some of our other folks like Small Dealer, Conejo148, and others help us out?
We need them to clarify because here is a couple of quotes from our moderators.
MCEB:
EOP (first 1000) is above and beyond allocation...like a bonus.
Brentil:
IF that EOP customer decides they don't want the car after delivery it WILL become part of the dealers normal allocation. Which means someone would have to take the car the EOP individual configured, or wait till 2nd round of allocation.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would be careful with any dealer that has said they can get 12 cars
in regular allocation.

From what I have seen before 6 is the Max number (if that), has to do
with how many cars they are selling now and each month.

Having an order in the system does not guarentee a car is a dealers
4 month allocation (july,august,sept,oct) which again from what we have been told are the first 4 months of this cycle.

This dealer could be baiting you and you could have a long wait into next year. Remember if you back out you lose your deposit.

Just something to think about. :leaving:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yup, you're right, we DEFINITELY need clarification

LatinVenom said:
We need them to clarify because here is a couple of quotes from our moderators.
MCEB:
mceb said:
EOP (first 1000) is above and beyond allocation...like a bonus.
Notice here, that "(first 1000)" is specified, so not a really good example... You're absolutely right, we do need clarification. :)
LatinVenom said:
Brentil:
brentil said:
IF that EOP customer decides they don't want the car after delivery it WILL become part of the dealers normal allocation. Which means someone would have to take the car the EOP individual configured, or wait till 2nd round of allocation.
Here, this seems to be talking about the first 1000 exclusive retail orders.

Yup, you're sure right, we definitely need clarification. :leaving:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Have dealer check allocation numbers...

Bought_It said:
in regular allocation.

Having an order in the system does not guarantee a car is a dealers
4 month allocation (July, August, Sept., Oct.) which again from what we have been told are the first 4 months of this cycle.

This dealer could be baiting you and you could have a long wait into next year. Remember if you back out you lose your deposit.

Bought_It has given some sound advice here.

The point is that while Pontiac confirmed the existence of the order in the system, your order might not be put into production if the dealer allocation is less than the number of folks ahead of you at the dealer.

Perhaps our Small Dealer, conejo148, or GTOJ could help us by giving us some instructions to take to our dealers to have the dealer confirm their first 4 month allocation. How the dealer finds out their allocation hasn't been explicitly documented in the forum that I can find. Perhaps when we get one of our dealer members to tell us, we can get it into a FAQ... ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Customer "Type" Clarification

Pay CLOSE ATTENTION...
You would only be an EOP (Either a "1st 1000"or "waitlisted") Customer, IF and ONLY IF, you acquired a 10 digit registration number during the "Apprentice", promo. AND went to your dealer before April 25th at 5:00 PM ET, AND placed an order!! You would also have acquired a EOP Timestamp (from EOP HQ), and a VOM (6 character,combination digits&letters) order number, from your dealer.

IF you did not do as described above, and do not have the above EOP and VOM #'s, you are NOT :nono: an EOP customer!!

For Example, let's say you walked into a dealer and said "I want a Solstice, take my order, here is a deposit, regardless of when you did it, or what else was said, then, you would be on the DEALERS (regular 4 unit allocation waitlist) ...this has NOTHING to do with the EOP program and HQ would NOT have any record of your order...it would be strictly between you and the dealer...expect these deliveries are going to be well after the EOP program is completed.

Hope this helps!! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SOL MIO said:
Pay CLOSE ATTENTION...
You would only be an EOP (Either a "1st 1000"or "waitlisted") Customer, IF and ONLY IF, you acquired a 10 digit registration number during the "Apprentice", promo. AND went to your dealer before April 25th at 5:00 PM ET, AND placed an order!! You would also have acquired a EOP Timestamp (from EOP HQ), and a VOM (6 character,combination digits&letters) order number, from your dealer.

IF you did not do as described above, and do not have the above EOP and VOM #'s, you are NOT :nono: an EOP customer!!

For Example, let's say you walked into a dealer and said "I want a Solstice, take my order, here is a deposit, regardless of when you did it, or what else was said, then, you would be on the DEALERS (regular 4 unit allocation waitlist) ...this has NOTHING to do with the EOP program and HQ would NOT have any record of your order...it would be strictly between you and the dealer...expect these deliveries are going to be well after the EOP program is completed.

I understand that, but if the dealer has given me a VOM#, and Pontiac's system has a record on that number, doesn't it mean that the order is confirmed with them? All that the Pontiac rep told me is that I see your order and all the orders that we see on our system strictly mean that they are part of the EOP. By the way my deposit was paid before April 25th.

Did anyone who received a call from GM also get a VOM# from the dealer prior to the call? If so, then I should receive a call too.

THIS IS CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, harry, this can be confusing especially if you're in the unenviable situation, as it sounds like you are, of having a clue-free dealer.

Read this: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31587&postcount=1 Then go to the dealer and actually watch them look up your order on the solstice1000.com website.

It seems that this fancy new "web" thing has deeply confused many dealers. The site is amazingly simple but the advice now is to not trust what your dealer tells you--you need to see it on the screen with your own eyes. If I had to bet I'd say your order is not an EOP order. Let us know what you see.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Easy, Easy! Don't shout.

SOL MIO said:
Pay CLOSE ATTENTION...

SOL MIO, you are quite right about the procedure for the first 1000 exclusive retail orders portion of the EOP. I have extensively documented the first 1000 and other information at the following thread: FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info): http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2046

As far as I can tell, harry is under no illusion that he placed an order for one of the first 1000 exclusive retail orders.

I do not believe harry was asking about the first 1000 exclusive retail orders with the special badges, sequential VIN numbers, and certificates of authenticity. If I read the start of this thread correctly, he was discussing how GM is describing the orders being placed prior to the start of production.

Within GM, there does seem to be some reference to a broader Early Order Program than just the first 1000 exclusive retail orders which seems to imply they are describing orders placed prior to the start of production as "The Early Order Program." So, let's cut our new friend harry a bit of slack. Thanks. :yesnod:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Bought_It said:
in regular allocation.

Having an order in the system does not guarentee a car is a dealers
4 month allocation (july,august,sept,oct) which again from what we have been told are the first 4 months of this cycle.

Am I the only one who sees wrong, wrong, and more wrong info in this post?

6 is not the Max number for 4 months allocations for BIG dealerships my local has 14 which is much closer to the max. I am also talking about one of the top southeast dealers though. Also for most any dealership your deposit is refundable. Now granted this should be in wiriting somewhere but id be hardpressed to see a dealer try to keep a deposit and give nothing in return. That wouldnt stand up in court or anyother legal means

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
EOP clarification

All customers who registered at the Apprentice website and signed up with their dealer between April 15 and April 24 at 6 pm participated in the Early Order Program. The "First 1000" was merely an added bonus for the fastest to place their order. However, all orders with a valid registration # placed before the deadline they gave (April 24) were considered part of the EOP.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
if the dealer has given me a VOM#, and Pontiac's system has a record on that number, doesn't it mean that the order is confirmed with them? All that the Pontiac rep told me is that I see your order and all the orders that we see on our system strictly mean that they are part of the EOP. By the way my deposit was paid before April 25th. - Harry
The dealer is stating that you are a confirmed owner of that particular car. Since your order was entered before 4/25, it signifies that you are part of the EOP, but you'll be getting your car through the dealer's regular allocation since the 1st 1,000 were claimed within 41 minutes on 4/15.

·
Registered
121 Posts
SlySol said:
All customers who registered at the Apprentice website and signed up with their dealer between April 15 and April 24 at 6 pm participated in the Early Order Program. The "First 1000" was merely an added bonus for the fastest to place their order. However, all orders with a valid registration # placed before the deadline they gave (April 24) were considered part of the EOP.
I'm with Sly.... :agree:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I think of EOP as only the first 1000 cars not anyone who registered but who knows what GM considers what. It's all just a name anywho.

Yes the first 1000 are like a "bonus" over the normal allocation and yes if a buyer poops out in the end it will then cease being a "bonus" and will then change to count against normal allocation.

I think they did that to be sure the cars got into the hands of the buyers and dealers didn't try any sneaky tricks with the first 1000 cars (incentive is to get the extra "bonus" by sticking to the rules?).

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The following is an excerpt from an email sent to waitlisted customers, which I received yesterday evening.

Once again, thank you for your time and interest in participating
in the Solstice Early Order Program. We have completed our
verification process and we are sorry that you were not among the
first 1,000 orders.

If you have not already done so, you can still be the first on
your block to own a Solstice by placing an early order with
your dealership.
So it looks like GM considers the Early Order Program to involve all those who went to their dealer to order a Solstice prior to the start of production, as a result of the Early Order Program promotion.

I believe the confusion comes from the fact that forum members have been using the term EOP to refer only to the first 1,000 orders since long before GM provided any official information about the program itself. So many threads and postings by forum members use the term EOP to mean the first 1,000 exclusive orders.

Just my take on things. :)

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Bought_It said:
in regular allocation.

As Billabongi said we know of several dealers with more then 6 cars in the first 4 month allocation. Billabongi's dealer has 14, my dealer has 15, we got confirmation from another member so far that 19 is the highest allocation for a single dealer we know of.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Both Harry & I have the same dealer. He got 13 cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts