1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***** Pontiac Announces Solstice Roadster Early Order Program *****

Hot off the presses.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050414/deth035.html?.v=2

Love the little place-holder they left in...

Only fifteen minutes after the early order program was announced on The Apprentice, traffic on the program website, Pontiac.com/apprentice, increased {xxxx} percent. {NOTE: This figure will be release in a separate media advisory issued no later than 10:30 p.m. EDT, April 14.}

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Only fifteen minutes after the early order program was announced on The Apprentice, traffic on the program website, Pontiac.com/apprentice, increased {xxxx} percent. {NOTE: This figure will be release in a separate media advisory issued no later than 10:30 p.m. EDT, April 14.}
Getting a little ahead of themselves aren't they? 1 hit more than 0 is how many percent?

edit: MCEB you type as fast as I read. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
achieftain said:
Getting a little ahead of themselves aren't they? 1 hit more than 0 is how many percent?
I was thinking same thing :lol: makes more sense hit increase on Pontiac.com

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Well, technically, the website is supposed to be turned on at 2100 EST, no? The actual commercial won't be on until an hour later, right? So figure the initial traffic will be from people who know about the program already (like present company). So they will, in effect be able to differentiate between the traffic that is going to the site as a result of the promotion, and traffic that is hitting the site because we knew about it already.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I figure traffic will be light at 9pm. I'm debating on hitting it during the first 5 minutes of show but don't want to rush or wait until after to go slow.

I'm sure traffic won't bring down their server but with my luck you never know :lol:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pinging the site to death

I will be banging my keyboard come 9 p.m. sharp! I hope the process goes smooth or GM will be paying a big price for any screw ups! :nono: :nono:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
dealer on alert

I emailed the 4 closest Pontiac dealers and only 1 gave me an actual non-automated response. He will be waiting for me and my order form tomorrow. I'm beginning to think I might have a real shot at it, even without doing a phoney pre-preorder. :lol:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I will check frequently this evening. So far I am getting redirected to Pontic.com main site. Anyone getting "nerves" yet? Good luck to everyone trying for a car tommorrow. Tonights part should be a breeze. Hey, is there a way we can tell how many hits there are on the EOP site after say 10PM EST?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PAS22 said:
Hey, is there a way we can tell how many hits there are on the EOP site after say 10PM EST?
Nope, only the people who have access to their server can see those stats (Pontiac or whoever runs their site).

·
Registered
288 Posts
You know, it might be a good idea to wait an hour or so for traffic to die down on the pontiac.com/apprentice site.

I'd hate to have my information half-way entered only to have the server crash and me not be able to get in to finish and get my number. better to be able to complete the whole thing at one time.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Primus said:
You know, it might be a good idea to wait an hour or so for traffic to die down on the pontiac.com/apprentice site.

I'd hate to have my information half-way entered only to have the server crash and me not be able to get in to finish and get my number. better to be able to complete the whole thing at one time.
True, the site will be open all night.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's Up!

As of 8:05 EST the Apprentice site is up and running.

Have my registration printed already!

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
NytLyt said:
As of 8:05 EST the Apprentice site is up and running.

Have my registration printed already!
I got mine too!!!!!! :party:
Now I hope GM/Pontiac will give consideration to this request,
from a marketing point of view the best thing GM/Pontiac can do is to have every one that is a forum member be alloted one of the first 1000's. The reason is simple, this will be the best advertising site for this car, with lots of information and pictures of every color available, since I believe members have made their preferences known and at least 1 person(s) have posted their color preference.
Just do this GM/Pontiac when you call to verify our name address etc, also ask what the members avatar is, where he/she lives and the one that no one knows, their password, where by you can verify it by signing in as that member. Imagined 100 POSITIVE and a very energetic sales team that will sell lots of cars every time they go driving on the street, talking to any one that will ask questions about the car, who would know more about this car, Your Dealers or people like us that have been talking and waiting to get one of them. This is my challange to you and althoug the Apprentice will be seen by 13 or 14 million people our forum and our members will give you a more positive coverage, please think about, and thank you for giving us the opportunity to own the car that we love.
Thanks.
LV.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Got mine just after 6pm!......PST, that is. Went very smooth Hope my visit to the dealer early tomorrow does the same. :party:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts