Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Pontiac Calls, Pontiac Calls

21K views 198 replies 79 participants last post by  StellarDave 
#1 ·
Wow, what a surprise I didn't think we would start getting calls till Monday. My father and I are in business together and have been watching the solstice since it was a concept. So last Friday like eveyone else here he watched our dealer bang on the computer awhile finally getting in about 2:20. I was at work watching this forum and saw everyone else having trouble, so I called them and told them to keep trying at 2:10.We ordered our car early Monday morning, and this morning at 9:30 we got the call. We have three convertibles(71 gs skylark, early production 03 SSr, 50th anniversary Corvette) but they are in storage for collection purposes. This car was built to drive and we intend to do just that. Have your registration number handy, because they will ask you for that. They will ask you pretty much everything that is on your registration form. You will then need to fax them your drivers license front and back which is the last step to get confirmation. Now we just sit and wait. June 22nd sounds good to me, but my bet would be late July early August, still plenty of time for top down in Georgia.

#3 ·
Sounds like your one of the early registrants. I am late so porbably won't get called until next week. Hope they try calling the secondary number because they won't find me at home during the day!

#4 ·
Just received Confirmation Call

I just got my confirmation call. Nice lady asked me to verify who I was and my 10 digit customer number and reference number. Then asked if I was related to any GM related folks in any way (I wasn't) and then she asked me to fax a copy of my drivers license. I dont have a fax so asked if I could email her a scan instead and she said that was fine.

I asked if she new what number or order I was but she did not know anything.

And that is it. About a 5 minute call.

:willy: :willy: Whee! :willy: :willy:

#9 ·
Ugafan said:
I thought there would be more posts about calls by now. Whew, I'm glad ours was one of the first, I would be staring at the phone like a high school girl waiting on a date :)
Saw this statement in a post from conejo in another thread, regarding the Wait list.

"The girl at the call center straightened out some things for me...those people have a lot of work. They have verified/confirmed 13 people, and were given a red light until Monday to restart."

So it looks like we might not see reports of more confirmation calls until Monday. :(

#11 ·
May I suggest that when you post that you got a comfirmation call, you also post your "time stamp" if you know it so the EOP group can chart it. Thanks

#12 ·
Whats up homies and homettes; first-time-long-time. Very excited about my solstice, 1st-1K. Just placed the order (colors, options, etc) without any pricing details till the dealer gets my VOM# (hopefully tomorrow I'm told) and was told that the calls would be going on today through Monday. Can't waight to hear the GM person on the other end of the tele.

#13 ·
Just received my call, 3:48 cental time

Just received my call. What a relief.

They will be calling over the weekend according to Chastity.
Just sent her my email scan of license. It turned out better than a fax copy and she said that the only reason they would need to call back was if they could not read the license, email was better.

Hope you all get your calls soon.

My time stamp was 2:33:55.

Good Luck

#14 ·
Call @ 3:42

Actually my call was at 3:42 central time according to caller Id.
It showed up as Elser I on my phone so I would suggest you answer what ever shows up. I assumed it was some sales call but oh was I surprised to hear it was Pontiac. So excited I cant hardly think. I did mention solstice forum to Chastity and I am pretty sure she had heard it before when I asked if they would be calling over the weekend.

#15 ·
time stamp?

SolTex said:
May I suggest that when you post that you got a comfirmation call, you also post your "time stamp" if you know it so the EOP group can chart it. Thanks
I thought I was really on top of this but I must admit I don't know where my "time stamp" is. Could you please let me know and I will look it up and post it as you requested. Thanks!

#16 ·
GNS said:
Could one of you lucky ones post their e-mail address for scanning and sending our drivers license to. I have already scanned mine into my computer and am ready to go...after the call!

They will give you the email, better to get it from your caller in case it is not the same ! But you will also need to include the name of the caller, Attn: ???????????????? in the title so the right person gets it and include your name and number in the message.

Also be sure to mention that you have it ready for email. She said fax but I asked as per Kane's post earlier and she said that would be fine and actually would show up better in an email than a fax machine.

I was asked for my id number, ref. number, name ,add etc. Also my dealer address if you know it. and salesperson name etc.

Good Luck

#18 ·
Called me at home

My call was at home.

As for the timestamp, your dealer should be able to get it from the pending order printout if he did not give it to you. It will say status pending and intake time stamp 4/15/2005 ??????

#19 ·
Got my call

Just got in from work and I got my call this morning. Got so excited, I could not believe I was getting the call so soon. Today is my BIRTHDAY, pretty good birthday present don't you think. I also got the call from Chastity, (very nice person) right around 10 this morning. Faxed my driver license back to her called my salesman and he was as excited as I was....my wife says its her birthday present to me. huh??? Time to celebrate! :party: :party:

#20 ·
dcon said:
They will give you the email, better to get it from your caller in case it is not the same ! But you will also need to include the name of the caller, Attn: ???????????????? in the title so the right person gets it and include your name and number in the message.

Also be sure to mention that you have it ready for email. She said fax but I asked as per Kane's post earlier and she said that would be fine and actually would show up better in an email than a fax machine.

I was asked for my id number, ref. number, name ,add etc. Also my dealer address if you know it. and salesperson name etc.

Good Luck
Thanks dcon

#21 ·
They must not be going by the stamped time because some of you got your calls with later times than me I am 2:33:33. I sat by the phone all day. I wish they would call so I can get on with my life. I put my cell number on my answering machine do you think they will call it if i am not home?

#23 ·
This may or may not belong on this thread.

:cool: I have not received a call. However, my dealer called and said he was called and was told he needed to go in the system and enter the option for the person first on his list...... what does this mean? I didn't think to ask until I thought about it later. I was just too involved in telling him the options I wanted as he entered them. Now I'm starting to get my hopes up. My stamp time was 2:44. Maybe I'll call him tomorrow......or maybe I'll just wait and see. All I know is my order is in and I've been faxed a copy and therefore my sol is getting closer to my garage.

SEIZE THE FUTURE!!!

#24 ·
I am waiting for my call, for those who got one already, what exact info do they need? All that is on my print out from Solstice10000.com sheet, and DL fax?I see a ref. number and my ID number on the sheet. Is that all I need? Thank you and congrats to those who finally got the call. This will be a great weekend for you!

#25 ·
Did you see your status as "Pending"???

CarpeForem said:
:cool: I have not received a call. However, my dealer called and said he was called and was told he needed to go in the system and enter the option for the person first on his list...... what does this mean? I didn't think to ask until I thought about it later. I was just too involved in telling him the options I wanted as he entered them. Now I'm starting to get my hopes up. My stamp time was 2:44. Maybe I'll call him tomorrow......or maybe I'll just wait and see. All I know is my order is in and I've been faxed a copy and therefore my sol is getting closer to my garage.

SEIZE THE FUTURE!!!
2:44 is indeed quite late. It might be the latest "Pending" we have.

Now, how do you determine if you're going to get a call? Check out the thread that Solsticeman asked me to start for the FAQ: How do I know if I got one of the 1st 1000? (Checklist & other info). It now becomes very important to check things very carefully. There's more than a few folks who thought they were "Pending" who turned out to be wait listed all along. They are posting to the thread: pending to wait listed.

Just go through the FAQ check list, and go to the dealer and have them look in solstice1000.com for your entry and ask for a print out of your entry. It will have the status right on it. If I were you, I would go into the dealership. This often cannot be done over the phone.

I do hope you are one of the lucky ones. :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :thumbs:

#26 ·
Maybe, maybe not...

heismybooty said:
I am waiting for my call, for those who got one already, what exact info do they need? All that is on my print out from Solstice10000.com sheet, and DL fax?I see a ref. number and my ID number on the sheet. Is that all I need? Thank you and congrats to those who finally got the call. This will be a great weekend for you!
There have been some cases where the database reconcilation process has changed some statuses as recorded by the computer. Certainly, don't loose that print out, but see my previous post to this thread for a link to the "am I a 1st 1000?" FAQ. The only way to know for sure is to see the "Pending" status on the screen or on the printout.

I'm pulling for you, so you have my glad tidings as you go forth on your quest to find out. As with CarpeForem, I strongly urge a visit to the dealership. While you won't necessarily be able to change much, your mind will be more at rest by knowing your real status.

There's one other thing, see the FAQ for more information, but you've got to get your VOM number associated with your "Pending" statused EOP entry... See the FAQ.

Best of luck. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.