Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesn't look like they will let a little production delay stop a well planned...er I mean, themed marketing campaign. See the new "splash" on the website. Still says summer of 2005. Gives them 3 months!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
It only takes 1 delivery before Sept 21st to make it official.

·
Registered
230 Posts
and according to that 1234543210 guy he already recieved 2! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
so I guess they made their deadline. I wish MY dad worked for Pontiac!

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I was in high school, I was working as a host for a restaurant. If I told people it would be a five minute wait and it took six they would be pissed off, if it took 10, they would want to talk to the manager. On the other hand, if I told someone 10 minutes and it took five, they were ecstatic and under the impression I did something special just for them. Lori Queen might have been a hosttess in highschool, while the people in the marketing department had their parents buy them that commodore 64 they had always wanted.

...or maybe they missed out on geology class and dont know which season name goes with which months and I am getting people's hopes up just to have pontiac crush them like an egg under the wheel of a semi...

-pete

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
This is about what I'm thinking... It would be horrible on Pontiac's part to over-promise and under-deliver. So you are correct in saying that just the opposite is much sweeter.

If they tell us October, and the 1000 roll out mid August... Pontiac will have a LOAD of ecstatic, thrilled customers. Word will spread how AWESOME Pontiac is and their rep will be increase with a sizeable and well deserved ego boost.

On the other hand, if they promised August and it took until October... wouldn't you think Pontiac might have a few thousand very angry customers on their hands? The people that didn't cancel and actually stuck it out to pick up their cars probably wouldn't have many nice things to say about Pontiac after all is said and done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I ordered mine, the dealer said probably not before Oct. so I was pretty clear with that going into this whole thing.

I'm supossing they think that the people who have ordered without actually seeing or driving the vehicle are pretty crazy and committed anyway. This is about building hype for the 20k they hope to sell next summer.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
photog321 said:
Doesn't look like they will let a little production delay stop a well planned...er I mean, themed marketing campaign. See the new "splash" on the website. Still says summer of 2005. Gives them 3 months!

Hopefully Pontiac isn't depending on the calendar and summer means what it does to the rest of us.. Sometime between the end of elementary school and Labor Day... I try to be always the optimist....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts