Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this from a friend who works for a B-P dealership.

I just took this off of my Dealerworld mail just this morning (2-16-05):

That's what we promised we would do with the Pontiac Solstice when we announced we would put it into production, and that's what I'm officially announcing today, here on GM FastLane, for the first time.

When Solstice goes on sale this summer, it will, officially, be priced at $19,995 — and that includes the $575 destination charge. You heard it here first.

That's not for a stripped down model, either. That sub-$20,000 price gets you 177 horsepower mated to a five-speed manual transmission, 18-inch wheels, 4-wheel disc brakes, glass rear window, and a CD-player as standard equipment.

So there you have it. A roadster inspired by the European classics of yesterday, styled very much like the concept car of a few years ago, priced under $20,000 as promised today. Solstice is a true driver's car, and it will be in Pontiac showrooms this summer. We look forward to your reactions…

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got one today too. Figured it wasn't anything we didn't already know so I didn't post it. However, that is about the ONLY official administrative message we've recieved regarding the production version of the Solstice.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting the info ngkline! :cool: The info has been circulating throughout the forum today, but it is good to have it in a concise thread! At least GM has finally given dealers some info. Maybe people won't get so many blank stairs when they go to their local dealers now! One person asked about ordering the Sol and a dealer, and the salesman asked him if it was a Toyota! :brentil: :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Ya know, the dealership I went to today showed me that as if it were new. I thought they were just blowing smoke up my skirt, since that's taken word-for-word from Bob Lutz's blog two days ago. Told him so. Guess it really did get posted on dealerworld, huh? Good to know. I owe someone an apology. :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealer information

I dropped by a Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer this evening (8:30 PM) and asked the one alert salesman and the manager about the Solstice. The salesman had somewhat of a blank stare but the manager said "hold on, I received this information yesterday." He then found a one pager, "Marketing/Promotion - All Pontiac Dealers." The Subject line was 2006 Pontiac Solstice Pricing. The text was "The Promise of Solstice" that we've all seen. At the bottom of the "GM Messenger Document" was Recommended Distribution: Dealer, General Manager, Office Manager and Sales Manager (I didn't realize there were so many managers). A Dealership Contact was given along with a phone number with 313 area code.

The manager then handed me a mostly white color printed brochure of new 05 Pontiacs. The front inside page shows a Solstice exiting a building opening with an arrow pointing toward the lower right corner. The car appears to be Silver in color with the top up (of course). Flip the page and there is a side view of the car which I believe is the same one from the pontiac website. The next page has a decription which shows some confusion on Pontiac's part (170 HP versus 177 in the Memo).

The manager was very polite and honest in saying that's all the information he had. He did indicate that their practice is to not sell above MSRP. He also indicated that Pontiac may offer special financing deals even on a car like Soltstice. He mentioned that when the PT Cruiser came out (this is one of mega dealers that owns a franchise for every brand out there) and there was a six month wait list that Chrysler offered rebates.

So there you have it.

AlfaMan

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
GM sent the message that Lutz put on his blog over their system. That's the message that ngkline's friend saw.

Welcome by the way ngkline :)

Alfaman, sounds like you found a good dealer there !

·
Registered
285 Posts
I've heard conflicting things on dealer pricing. I think we all agree not to go over MSRP but some dealers are saying the GMS won't happen for a year or two and others are saying they expect it off the bat. I didn't follow the GTO release closely but I've heard dealers say the difference is it was a "Speciality Vehicle" while the Solstice, while low intial numbers, is a full production vehicle and will probably get the GMS price.

(If you can't tell I'm on the list at multiple dealers in MI). It has been about 50-50, some are really helpful and others could care less about the car and apparently my business. My advice is keep searching, and go to some of the smaller dealers, in my experince they are lot more friendly and eager to work with you! (Or GTOJ, who works for large dealer but still a person to deal with).

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
GMS may be tricky to find even if GM puts it on the car right away since a dealer doesn't have to sell a car at GMS if they don't want to. If dealers think they can get MSRP for the cars and are not concerned about good customer relations, they probably won't let them get away at a GMS price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts