Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know... are the Pontiac emblems (on the front bumper, side fenders, Trunk) stuck on with just glue? OR are there posts comming out of the emblem (thus, holes in the body)?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JetBlackE31 said:
Make it a clean machine!
thats the idea... in the words of a great man, i like my cars like i like my women, cleanly shaven :cool: :willy:
shhhhhhhh

anyway ;) can anyone confirm that the front has posts or not?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AztekzRpurty said:
There is a raised 'impression' around the front emblem. I don't know if it is glued on or posted, but if you remove it, there will still be the shape of an arrowhead.
damn! :leaving:
just what i didnt want to hear.

hmm, maybe we can figure something else out to put there over (or in) the impression?

Ideas? :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Not that it matters, but I think the emblems add just the right amount of accent to prevent being plain.

I think a neat idea would be to replace a RED pontiac emblem, with one that is like, SMOKE/BLACK. That'd be neat. Kind of like "evil/tainted Pontiac mwahahaha"

Or even like a darkened red/flame:

You can't look at that and tell me the Pontaic logo sucks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Anyone have Pics of debaged faux side vents

I am thinging about removing the arrowhead logo front the faux vents. I like the Pontiac logo, but the ones on the side are just too much for me. Has anyone done this yet? Pics?

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Integraoligist said:
Wanted to know... are the Pontiac emblems (on the front bumper, side fenders, Trunk) stuck on with just glue? OR are there posts comming out of the emblem (thus, holes in the body)?
What did I tell you? I said read and search, read and search. But you just keep on posting...

·
Registered
96 Posts
dori-san said:
What did I tell you? I said read and search, read and search. But you just keep on posting...

Is that a picture of you Dori? The wait for your Sol has taken quite a toll on you! :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dori-san said:

child listen, how about you do a search and post some threads containing this info with ideas? You seem to be the only one on here with a problem about starting new posts. :leaving:

·
Registered
265 Posts
let's see...

first post, a question.

second post, an answer.. and a few followup answer posts..

2 posts of whineing/complaints about repeat questions w/o doing a search (with mention of repeatedly teling people to search.. so that means other posted complaints/whines).

maybe ya just need to relax.. go drive your sol..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
All glued. No post on this vehicle.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
sol_nice said:
Is that a picture of you Dori? The wait for your Sol has taken quite a toll on you! :lol:
Yeah ... he appears to be getting a tad grumpy with the newbies in his old age. Watch out old-man Dori ... you'll end up having some of these punk kids egging your website or something. :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I wouldn't consider taking the emblems off if for no other reason than I love the looks on their faces when they see that it is a Pontiac. It is priceless. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Integraoligist said:
child listen, how about you do a search and post some threads containing this info with ideas? You seem to be the only one on here with a problem about starting new posts. :leaving:
Wow, it's SOO hard to do! Watch...

I click on 'search' at the top and it opens up a text box.
I type in the box (amazingly enough) the word emblems.
AHH!!! *gasp* OMG look at all the results that popped up in an instant!
I click on a few of them and read through them, it takes me a few minutes.
Well now, I know a lot of things that I didn't know a few minutes ago.
And I feel good that I accomplished something on my own.

Nobody ever gets razzed for doing their OWN homework. But maybe you weren't the brightest jock in school and had to threaten the nerds into doing your homework then too...

Here you go Tonto, just don't beat me up! :lol:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7363
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7354
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6862
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4576
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4488

·
Registered
63 Posts
I hate when people complain when someone brings up an old topic instead of searching. It's good for a topic to be revisited. Someone may even come up with new ideas or be reminded of something they wanted to try but forgot about!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jdub2027 said:
I hate when people complain when someone brings up an old topic instead of searching. It's good for a topic to be revisited. Someone may even come up with new ideas or be reminded of something they wanted to try but forgot about!
...finding and old thread and posting in it does revisit the topic. The topic comes back to the top of the forum.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts