Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I called 800-762-2737 which is the GM hot line
Reluctantly they put me over to a PONTIAC hot line...but would not give me the 800 #
I talked to a lady there (I kept the name) who also reluctantly took my information and said she would check and call both the dealership and me once the research was done "so that we would both be on the same page"

Well she called the dealership but my guy was with a client - so she said she'd call back....never did. :(
Also did not leave a return phone # at the dealership so my guy could not call her back. :willy:

Cricket - if you check my VOMS it will still show 3000 (since mid August)
but someone a few weeks ago gave me a 10-24 TPW
If you remember, I posted a thread saying that 10-24-05 was a "UPD" (universal promise date) which was akin to saying 99-99-99. I also stated I fully expected to be re-assigned a November date later on down the road....and maybe even a Dec. date
I was (and still am) first allocation at my dealership.
As stated before (like yesterday) all I want is Communication from Pontiac
in some way, shape or form telling me that 10-24-05 is a TRUE date.

I figure this will stir the pot for the likes of kingarthur and rossifumi etc....who will say that Pontiac doesn't owe me anything....but there are a hell of a lot of us out there that would wait PATIENTLY if we only had a firm promise. :brentil:

I guess this is a bit of a rant after all. :cuss:

peace in the valley

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
druid-2 said:
A week ago I called 800-762-2737 which is the GM hot line
Reluctantly they put me over to a PONTIAC hot line...but would not give me the 800 #
I talked to a lady there (I kept the name) who also reluctantly took my information and said she would check and call both the dealership and me once the research was done "so that we would both be on the same page"

Well she called the dealership but my guy was with a client - so she said she'd call back....never did. :(
Also did not leave a return phone # at the dealership so my guy could not call her back. :willy:

Cricket - if you check my VOMS it will still show 3000 (since mid August)
but someone a few weeks ago gave me a 10-24 TPW
If you remember, I posted a thread saying that 10-24-05 was a "UPD" (universal promise date) which was akin to saying 99-99-99. I also stated I fully expected to be re-assigned a November date later on down the road....and maybe even a Dec. date
I was (and still am) first allocation at my dealership.
As stated before (like yesterday) all I want is Communication from Pontiac
in some way, shape or form telling me that 10-24-05 is a TRUE date.

I figure this will stir the pot for the likes of kingarthur and rossifumi etc....who will say that Pontiac doesn't owe me anything....but there are a hell of a lot of us out there that would wait PATIENTLY if we only had a firm promise. :brentil:

I guess this is a bit of a rant after all. :cuss:

peace in the valley
Calling customer pontiac service doesn't give you any correct information anyway anymore.( GM are giving them wrong infomation ) Pontiac customer service returned a call to me yesterday and told me my car will be leaving for lordstown this week by train. Ya, right!!!! I live in Ct. and it's coming by truck directly to Ct. And I know this because the trucking co already has it in there inventory and should be here by Thursday. I know a couple people at the trucking and it will take 6 hrs after it leaves to get to CT., then it depends on how many stops, but will be here that night. I gave up on calling Customer service , they only way you can get an semi correct answer is have your dealer call DBC, but even alot of this information is wrong. GM is really messing up with this one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
From poor info to no info

I'm in a similiar boat. #1 of dealers 1st allocation & order picked on 4-18 and can't get a straight answer from dealer or GM about when & if it will be built or delivered. My opinion is that they overly concerned about the "1K" cars and now that they seem to be mostly delivered, they will hopefully start attending to "other customers" who really ordered at the same time!!!!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My dealer showed me an e-mail from GM to the dealers directing them to keep GM informed as to when all made vehicles have been delivered to customers...especially 1K's. Doesn't GM know this without having any input from the dealers. It seems to me that they have no idea of how their delivery system works..or doesn't work. Cricket, thanks for getting me info that my dealer could not..once again!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I think one of the problems is that GM isn't used to haveing a product that is in such high demand and they don't know how to handle it.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ateam_77 said:
I think one of the problems is that GM isn't used to haveing a product that is in such high demand and they don't know how to handle it.
Agree. Also don't have experience with pre-ordered cars, tracking etc. That part of the process probably wasn't considered. They'll get it fixed but could take some little time.

·
5,641 Posts
RamJet said:
My dealer showed me an e-mail from GM to the dealers directing them to keep GM informed as to when all made vehicles have been delivered to customers...especially 1K's. Doesn't GM know this without having any input from the dealers. It seems to me that they have no idea of how their delivery system works..or doesn't work.
GM knows how the system works. Of course it requires input form the dealerships. And the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices have special additional requirements for review and to trigger the eventual shipping of the certificate and diecast car. It is a case of you not knowing what the message means.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...exactly

Small Dealer said:
It is a case of you not knowing what the message means.
And that sums up the problem!
:cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
GM knows how the system works. Of course it requires input form the dealerships. And the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices have special additional requirements for review and to trigger the eventual shipping of the certificate and diecast car. It is a case of you not knowing what the message means.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No
Who's talking about diecast ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.