Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for the clarifications. I'm now thinking I should just try and take my vacation that week so we can get into town at a reasonable time, though wife will still work 1/2 day on Friday.
Getting close; just a little over two weeks to go.
Yes, Tim has got it...that puts you in at about 7 pm Friday night.

Well, here's the thing, I don't even have a place for us to eat Friday night! Or Saturday yet. I emailed Ellie, but have not gotten a response yet. So...I'll try to call Bernardi's tomorrow and see if I can get us in there again Friday night. There probably won't be more than 20-25 people, so I doubt it will be a problem. One of the IL crowd can't make it until 6:30 ish anyway, so I think dinner around 7-7:30 should be about right.

I'm a little nervous because I know there is a bus tour in town Friday night. Hopefully Bernardi's won't be a problem. If they are, I have a few other ideas, like maybe one of the RT 66 diners. That would be cool!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Two and a half weeks 'til Route 66/Pontiac ... woohoo!
:yesnod:
Are there any aspects of the planning for the weekend with which you need local help this week??

We'll be driving in early Sat. morning ... what and where are things starting on Sat?

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Two and a half weeks 'til Route 66/Pontiac ... woohoo!
:yesnod:
Are there any aspects of the planning for the weekend with which you need local help this week??

We'll be driving in early Sat. morning ... what and where are things starting on Sat?
Possibly. I need to do some RT 66 scouting. Like what could we do cruise wise if we do something Saturday morning on RT 66? I know there are a few places to stop. I'm driving in Thursday night so maybe I'll just do this Friday afternoon and come up with something. Shows how well I've thought this one out huh?? :lol:

Basically, since last time we didn't get to spent as much time in Pontiac, I thought we could start a little later in the morning and run around Pontiac until the cruise in starts. People will probably want to clean up, etc for that, so I need to figure out the local car wash scene. I should ask Ellie.

So Here's what I'm thinking...maybe do something RT 66 ish around 9 if I find something good. If not, then we could go out for breakfast at 8:30 and start running around Pontiac say at 10. Just a thought.

Also, we should do a group pic this time. I'll talk to Ellie about that and we can meet at a certain time and do the RT 66 mural pic right this time. Or...maybe I can get us wrapped around the courthouse again. I'll ask. We'll have to be out before the cruise night probably.

Obviously I'm thinking out loud! :lol:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Who's coming into town Friday night?

OK kids...

Who is in for Dinner and a local show called "Sentimental Journey" on Friday night? The show will be about 45 minutes and it a musical review put on by local people from Pontiac. Ellie says it's very good and she sets it up especially for groups like ours. Ellie hasn't steered me wrong yet! The show would start at 7:00 pm at Chautauqua Park Pavillion in Pontiac.

Dinner will hopefully be at Bernardi's at 8 pm. I'm gonna need not more than $20 from everyone for dinner. Maybe less. Working out the details with Ellie. The $20 would include your tip and the show. We'll do family style like last time.

That's the tentative plan for Friday night. Ellie needs to check with Bernardi's but I bet we're gonna be fine there.

Who is in?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Definitely count Karen and myself as in... :woo:

·
Registered
347 Posts
We WANT to be there but not sure if we can make it by 7:00pm, after the drive and hotel check-in. The 8:00pm meal should be managable.

Tom and Anita

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Excellent! I have you guys down!!!

Thanks much!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Just to double check....I assume my usual attire (Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts) would be appropriate for Bernardi's? Actually, that's all I planned on bringing for the weekend unless I need to bring something better.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Good to know...thanks. I'm practically already packed...:yesnod:

I was hoping nobody would try the old "let's see if we can get the new guy in a suit and tie" kinda thing :lol:

Hmmm....then again maybe it should be a suit and tie and this could be a "let's get the new guy to just wear shorts and a Hawaiian shirt" kinda thing...:willy: (This is just my mind's way of getting me back for all the years of practical jokes....:devil:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Count us in for (2) for dinner; I think that we can make it from Fort Wayne by then. Do you want us to send you a check or pay you when we get there?

Rick & Jeanne
(formerly rhkfwain)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Can't make it. Forgot I'll be in St. Louis. :(

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Friday Night Dinner List

I'm feeling good about Friday night's numbers, so as long as plans don't change, I won't need the money in advance. The price will be no more than $20.

Right now I have 18 on the list, with 2 more that may be joining us.

Friday Night Diners:

ihawk95 (1)
Freaky Tiki (2)
XTC (2)
SolFun (2)
TomShadow (2)
sol4two (2)
Toyman (2)
timlange (2)
Cat'sMeanGXP (2)
Jack19 (1)

Probably - UptownMarie (2)

If your plans change, please let me know Wednesday so I can adjust the number accordingly!

Thanks!!!

1-1/2 weeks!!!!! :yay:

21 - 40 of 105 Posts