Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I'm in for Friday dinner. May leave Thursday afternoon, Fri AM. Fresh oil change both cars so not sure which I'm be rolling in. Reserved Best Western, 2 beds if anyone wants to go halfsies (non-smoker). Wife doesn't want to board our bullies, though I'd like to bring one along for company I know it's too warm for the breed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ihawk.... Add my wife and I to the list, but we won't be there until Saturday morning. Also staying at the Quality Inn. Looking forward to it. Looked like everyone had a great time last year.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
I'm in for Friday dinner. May leave Thursday afternoon, Fri AM. Fresh oil change both cars so not sure which I'm be rolling in. Reserved Best Western, 2 beds if anyone wants to go halfsies (non-smoker). Wife doesn't want to board our bullies, though I'd like to bring one along for company I know it's too warm for the breed.
Yes Sir! I'll add you to the Friday Dinner list!

If you get into town Thursday night or Friday early, let me know. I'm planning to drive somewhere Thursday night. I have some stops to make Friday morning in the area then I'll head over to Pontiac by early afternoon. Let me know if you want to run around and scout a little for Saturday morning. Although I think I know what I'm going to do now and I could time it on my way to Pontiac. :)

Ihawk.... Add my wife and I to the list, but we won't be there until Saturday morning. Also staying at the Quality Inn. Looking forward to it. Looked like everyone had a great time last year.
Got you too!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Just sent off the email to reserve our spots for Cruise Night! :)

Getting excited to come back to IL for the weekend! :yay:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
Info Update!!

Friday Night - How about we have dinner with the Mayor of Pontiac, Bob Russell and his wife Susan? Guess they enjoyed us last year! :yay:

Saturday:

8:45 am - Meet in the Quality Inn parking lot for our RT 66 Cruise. We won't be going here:

Java Stop

Because they moved the entire building! :lol:

But we will still be visiting the longest operating gas station on RT 66. It's somewhat of a museum now and pretty neat to see! I thought it would be nice to actually visit a RT 66 site this time! And never fear...we'll stop in O'Dell for a photo op in front of the old gas station there instead!

2:00 pm - Group Photo Op in front of the World's Largest RT 66 Shield mural. Located behind the RT 66 Museum. This year, they will take our photo and can offer T-shirts, key rings, mugs, note cards, etc with the group picture or individual pictures for purchase! If you want an individual picture, don't forget to stop by once we are in town.

I'm working on setting up parking for us downtown when we get back into Pontiac. Probably will be on the square like last year. Ellie will reserve space for us!

Latest Weather Report: Upper 80's - 90. It's a cool spell! No rain! :woo:

Looking good!

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
We plan on getting there for dinner on Saturday. Staying at the Quality Inn. Most interested in a Starved Rock run on Sunday. My sister suggests Duffy's (home of the infamous corned beef sandwich) in Utica for eats. It has an expanded parking lot and overflow can park in the Tornado victim's memorial next door.

She also mentioned that the road to Utica has been altered recently. It now bypasses the town entirely, one needs to be on the look out for the local route by the bridge.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
We plan on getting there for dinner on Saturday. Staying at the Quality Inn. Most interested in a Starved Rock run on Sunday. My sister suggests Duffy's (home of the infamous corned beef sandwich) in Utica for eats. It has an expanded parking lot and overflow can park in the Tornado victim's memorial next door.

She also mentioned that the road to Utica has been altered recently. It now bypasses the town entirely, one needs to be on the look out for the local route by the bridge.
Excellent! I'll put you back on the list. Just in time for dinner or will you make it for Cruise Night?

yeah...I've been to Duffy's and have taken Starved Rock pre-run groups there. Personally, I'm not a big fan, but they do have the best fried mushrooms according to fried mushroom lovers. And it's gonna be too hot for the Veranda Sunday at noon. So we'll probably end up at Duffy's if there aren't a ton of us. I'll have to call ahead.

Oooh...we should go to the Cajun Connection!!! Ha ha! We're too big a group though. :(

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Saturday Morning Plan B

Get Freakin this! Ellie tells me someone finally bought the Java Stop and moved the entire building!!! It's gone!

But that's OK, because I always have a backup plan! We'll still head up to Dwight, but we'll through in the little old gas station in Odell for a photo op. They sell some souvenirs there as well if anyone is interested.

We need to leave by 9:00 am to make this work! I'll update the parking lot time to 8:45 am!

Bring Radios if you'd like so we can squawk on them. We won't get lost though! Ha ha!

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Looks like we will still be 2 people, but in only one car.... :willy:

Gotta love it when somebody just up and moves landmarks... :brentil:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Oooh...we should go to the Cajun Connection!!! Ha ha! We're too big a group though. :([/QUOTE]

We should be able to do the Cajun Connection on Sunday. We always loose some on the Sunday Run. :yay:

OR Captain's Cove!!!!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
Mardi Gras in July this weekend at the Connection!

If we lose enough, we can do it. But I doubt we can park more than 10 cars there. That place won't hold much more than 20 of us.

Been a few years since I've been there! Ron is nuts!

Ron's Cajun Connection

Oooh...new menu!!!
Deep Fried Corn Cobettes! Dang! :drool:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yeah, or Duffy's. I'm fine with Duffy's, but I've never thought it was as good as some people make it out to be.

Now Canal Port across the street is supposed to be fantastic, but it's pricey and I've never made it there! My friends were trying to get me in last fall and they couldn't make room for one more at our table. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Nah...let's go for Heart Attack on a Plate at The Connection. Although if Ron remembers us...and XTC goes, we'll get thrown out for sure! :lol:

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Depending on when we depart from the Kohl family reunion picnic, we'll try to make the Cruise Night festivities.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a change in plans :) It looks lie I am going to be able to make this on Saturday. Will try to meet you all at Quality Inn at 8:45am, if not, I will be in town by late morning.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I had a change in plans :) It looks lie I am going to be able to make this on Saturday. Will try to meet you all at Quality Inn at 8:45am, if not, I will be in town by late morning.
Excellent! It's been awhile! Glad you can make it! :yay:

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
PLAN C????

Just found out about this car show on the morning news.

Four Pontiac concept cars from the legendary Bortz Dream Car Collection will be featured in a special display at the 2012 Pontiac-Oakland Club International (POCI) Convention, which will be held at the Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, Illinois July 17-21.

The four Pontiacs, the 1953 Parisienne, the 1954 Bonneville Special, the 1960 Bonneville X- 400 and the 1964 XP-883 Banshee.

According to Pheasant Run Resort, The Dream Car Display is open to the public Saturday, July 21 from 9-2 on Saturday. The convention is open to the public July 17-21 8 am to 5 pm. Can't get through to the club to verify hours.

Here is the link to the convention center site:
St Charles Events Calendar: Activities and Events in Chicago

Here is the link to the POIC site:
Pontiac, Oakland, and GMC Truck owners and enthusiasts - we invite you to join! - Pontiac-Oakland Club International

61 - 80 of 105 Posts