Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
We originally had reservations at a B & B in Pontiac but then decided to save a few bucks (since we're traveling almost every weekend this summer). I made reservations at the Best Western since I thought that was Going to be home base. It looks like Quality and Best Western are right next door to each other so I'll keep my reservation at BW.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We originally had reservations at a B & B in Pontiac but then decided to save a few bucks (since we're traveling almost every weekend this summer). I made reservations at the Best Western since I thought that was Going to be home base. It looks like Quality and Best Western are right next door to each other so I'll keep my reservation at BW.
Yes they are right next to each other so either place is fine. I picked the Quality Inn because all rooms have refrigerators.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Yes they are right next to each other so either place is fine. I picked the Quality Inn because all rooms have refrigerators.
Dang you're good! :)

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Looks like I actually talked the wife into this :woo:...I'm amazed!!! The car won't exactly be looking its best (got some repairs that I won't even start until after).....so the car show is probably out, but I would love to see everybody's.......unless, of course, it's one of those kind that gives prizes to anybody participating....:lol: I can't resist that;)

Only problem at this point will be work....rotating shifts and they are planning on forcing people to work overtime on their off days if they have extra work :brentil: but I'm gonna make the plans anyway and hope for the best.

So...is there a block of rooms for us or just anywhere at the motel is fine?

Really looking forward to meeting everybody...been to a couple meets before with other vehicles but this will be my 1st with the Tiki!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Block of rooms isn't set up yet (waiting for the Town of Pontiac's Event planner) They should be set up this week (Diana) but I can tell you it will be the Quality Inn. You can wait for the block to be set up or you can book it now, the choice is yours. Here is the link if you need it... Pontiac Hotel | Quality Inn | Hotel in Pontiac, IL

Look forward to seeing you, it will be a great time. The Town of Pontiac rolls out the carpet for all the events they have. :thumbs:

Cat'sMeanGXP

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
This maybe is now a no show - date conflicts with a family thing - I'll be heading north, not south. :(
Darn it!!! I'll take you off this list! :(

The Block of rooms isn't set up yet (waiting for the Town of Pontiac's Event planner) They should be set up this week (Diana) but I can tell you it will be the Quality Inn. You can wait for the block to be set up or you can book it now, the choice is yours. Here is the link if you need it... Pontiac Hotel | Quality Inn | Hotel in Pontiac, IL

Look forward to seeing you, it will be a great time. The Town of Pontiac rolls out the carpet for all the events they have. :thumbs:

Cat'sMeanGXP
I sent Ellie an email Saturday, but haven't heard back yet! Still waiting for the word on the block of rooms!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Got the info from Ellie.

We have a block of 20 rooms at the Quality Inn. Cost is $89/night. I don't think that's a deal, but it's just basically holding the rooms for us. The block is under Pontiac Solstice Club.

There is a bus tour coming in that Friday night also, so you'll definitely want to make sure to get reservations in! As do I!! I forget I don't live there any more!!! :lol:

I'll start a new thread later this evening so all the info is at the top!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
The List

And the Cool Kids Are:

ihawk95
chilisky (maybe)
HoosierGXP
fiziksgxp (if he's in town)
Rmfnsky (If he's not working)
Hambone
TheOrangeCrush
rhkfwain
kkoschnitzke (maybe)
LowLife1
Robssol
Bentley (Maybe)
Sol1570
SolNut (Big Maybe)
toyman
Druid (Strong Probable)
timlange3 aka WanderingSol
Cat'sMeanGXP
GrandpaSolstice (penciled in)
GreyGhost (Maybe)
SunFun
UptownMarie
Barry from Indiana (Strong Probable)
Freaky Tiki (newbie!!!!!!!)

24 so far. A lot of maybe's though!

·
Registered
45 Posts
FWIW, I was able to get a room at the Best Western next door for $84.99/night plus tax. Amenities include 1 King Bed, Non-Smoking, Oversized Room, Whirlpool, Microwave And Refrigerator, Sofabed, 32-Inch LCD TV, Full Breakfast.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
You can go ahead and add me to the "Cool Kids" list!!!:woo:

Gotta get my reservations in this weekend:yesnod:

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
FWIW, I was able to get a room at the Best Western next door for $84.99/night plus tax. Amenities include 1 King Bed, Non-Smoking, Oversized Room, Whirlpool, Microwave And Refrigerator, Sofabed, 32-Inch LCD TV, Full Breakfast.
Yeah, they were both decent from Russ's report. I think the Quality Inn has a party room though.

Which reminds me...I need to call the car show guy. He sent me an email yesterday and I haven't had a chance to call him. I have their website though and can post when I start the new thread.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You can go ahead and add me to the "Cool Kids" list!!!:woo:

Gotta get my reservations in this weekend:yesnod:
So do I! I gotta go there this weekend!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
yea buddy

iHawk ... on the Cool Kids List, please move us to the Definitely Coming column as we made our reservations today.:cool::cool:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Got reservations:cheers:! Move to the definitely coming side of the cool kids list, too:cool:!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Road condition alert! Illinois 116 is closed west of I-57 between CR 8 (east) and Illinois 115 (west). For up to date info I found
MapViewer

The detour for 116 was not bad though, about 10 minutes extra on good roads. I was impressed how far one can see from the top of a 10 foot rise! :)

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
That's because Illinois is so FLAT one can practically see Iowa on a clear day!!!!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Hotel Update!

OK, there are only 12 rooms booked at the Quality Inn at $89/night.

We could only get the last 6 rooms at the Best Western at $80/night.

Deadline is June 20th! Even I need to call! If anyone wants a roommate, let me know and I'll share a room to free up space. So 18 rooms is all we have!

Blocks are under Pontiac Solstice Club.

I'll update all the info and start a new thread with numbers etc.!

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Road condition alert! Illinois 116 is closed west of I-57 between CR 8 (east) and Illinois 115 (west). For up to date info I found
MapViewer

The detour for 116 was not bad though, about 10 minutes extra on good roads. I was impressed how far one can see from the top of a 10 foot rise! :)
Thanks for the head's up!

I need to pow wow with you, Russ & Cathy. I'm hearing our road situation leaves much to be desired. Which I figured. I was in Streator this weekend, but didn't get a chance to run around.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts