Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:rant: I just got off the phone with Pontiac rep.It seems they are investigating my dealer about the eBay auction they had .As a consequence,and there has been no decision yet,the dealer may not get any Solstices.So my car may be no more :brentil: Just to let you know that Pontiac is taking renegade dealers on.
I'm so Pissssed I could......(fill in the blank) :brentil: .Will be visiting the dealer tomorrow and I will have my pound of flesh. :yesnod:
04/29/05-06:54 Right coast time.Today I will be visiting my Pontiac dealer and try to channel all this pentup anger into a positive outcome.I have a few options I will be presenting to the dealership. :brentil: Will be updating.
04/29/05-11:18 Right Coast time.Just got back from dealer,they can't fathom why Pontiac is up in arms.They are right and Pontiac is wrong,Pontiac is right and the dealer is wrong. :willy: All I know is I'm the pickle-in the-middle. :yesnod:
So now I wait and weigh my options. :cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
man! that sucks if you don't get your car. If you did everything right and the dealer was the shady one, maybe they could send your car to the next closest dealer.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
I would not think that GM would penalyse you because your dealer did something wrong. That would be marketing suicide on their part.
My suggestion is send or call GM and work something out with them, just like waiting suggested.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Holy crap...one hand glad to see them going after shady business but hate to see Satch lose a car over it...gotta be some way out without hurting the customer.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah exactly. It's nice to see Pontiac being pro-active, but if it means you don't get to get your car cause you're going to loose your place in line that sucks too.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Moving orders kills two birds....

mceb said:
Holy crap...one one hand glad to see them going after shady business but hate to see Satch lose a car over it...gotta be some way out without hurting the customer.
Moving the customers to another dealer would solve two problems:
  1. Customer would still get car
  2. If customer was just "in league" with the dealer, and didn't really want to purchase the car, they will drop out, and a wait lister will be moved up.
That seems like a win-win all the way around. The moved customer who wants the car will get it, be hooked up with a more ethical dealer, and the bogus entries will be filtered out.

Satch, I hope they move your order to a new dealer. Since the one you're using now likes to play fast and loose with the rules, it may be better to drive a bit further to the other dealer anyway.

You have my sympathy. I hope this gets sorted out. :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Problem with moving dealers is if the other dealer has already got customers for all of it's 4 month allotment Satch would be SOL till his new place in line at this new dealer finally came up.

If it's an EOP car and Pontiac's willing to just move it in essence to another dealer then that would be nice of them, and solve some problems.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yup, I meant to move the EOP car.

brentil said:
If it's an EOP car and Pontiac's willing to just move it in essence to another dealer then that would be nice of them, and solve some problems.
That's precisely what I meant. The EOP cars are above and beyond the dealers normal allocation, so it would not affect any existing orders.

Now, for those looking beyond the horizon, for moved EOP cars which were cancelled and/or not picked up by the customer, Pontiac should make an exception to the rule of decrementing the 1st 4 month allocation numbers. However, I'm sure the investigation process will be able to catch the bogus orders and simply release them to the waiting many, rather than move them.

I think they will be judicious about this one, but my comment about the unethical dealer still stands--I would definitely want my EOP moved were I in Satch's position!

Go Satch! We're cheering for you, man. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I'd send the unclaimed 1,000 to dealers in 0XXXX zip codes... They got beat up the most...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well here it is Saturday night and still no word as to my ya oder nein on the Solstice.I guess the Pontiac inquisition (hope its not related to the Spanish)has not convened this weekend.Hope they will pass judgement Monday.Until then stiff upper and all that rot. :brentil: :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SATCH said:
Well here it is Saturday night and still no word as to my ya oder nein on the Solstice.I guess the Pontiac inquisition (hope its not related to the Spanish)has not convened this weekend.Hope they will pass judgement Monday.Until then stiff upper and all that rot. :brentil: :cool:
Best of luck! :thumbs: The suspense must be tough!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dealer Info

Satch,
I missed your original post as to what the dealer did to you on the EBay auction. I'm actually a salesperson for Pontiac up in Toronto and I was thinking of holding an EBay auction to find some pre-orders for the Solstice. With the Toronto weather it is a little bit less partical up here. I guess I should probably check with my GM rep. before I get into this. I don't want to auction off cars but want to have people bid that are interested in purchasing the car...sort of a no commitment auction. I figure for $100 its the best form of advertising I can get. Appreciate all your input in this area.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My order had nothing to do with eBay.I'm a local and have had my downpayment in since Sept. last year.Did all that was required of me from the Donald wannabes.Got accepted for the promotion car.Then I get a phone call ,from The Pontiac Inquisition, they got a lot of complaints about dealer greed on eBay.I have no personal knowledge of what the deal was on eBay,call my dealer at 716-625-8235 ask for Jay Dean,he's the greedy one.I'm sure he will be delighted to know he has forum noteriety. :lol: :cool:
But the powers that be will have the final word on the right or wrong of the eBay auction,if the dealer offended the power I suffer by getting no car. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Satch, that SUCKS, that you will suffer for what they were doing online.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, what a thread. Frankly, I really think is sucks that folks are attempting to sell their EOP slot or eventual Solstice on ebay. Shows no love of the as it should be. Call me idealistic, but I plan on keeping it for years to come. Fun car for sunny days only. Satch, hope you get your car, but I also hope Pontiac starts to nail the dealers that add those huge market adjustments, or title (to keep in the rules) then resell at a much higher price. Find a new dealer and ask Pontiac to change your dealer of record/loation.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Made 2 phone calls 1 to my dealer and 1 to Pontiac about my situation and whats being done to rectify it.I'm still in limbo :devil: it's 09:52-05/04/05 right coast time,the way it is going I might have decision by the time the 2nd 1000 hit the dealerships. :brentil:For sure I'll be the last on the call list...... :cool:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Be patient Satch. I hope Pontiac does right for you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If this dealer is in Fl that you are talking about i called GM about the ebay thing becasue they said they had 6 cars of the first 1000

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the encouragement and fortitude.I just had a phone call from my dealer,the sins of the dealership will not be visited on yours truly,got the car. :cheers: No details yet.Will be expecting the phone calls to verify and confirm.There's going to be a party tonight!!!! :cheers: :party:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts