Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a letter from Pontiac
Asking me to take a few minutes of my time to fill out this paper.Asking
how my Solstice is and how the dealership treated me.
Theres only one problem
I have not received my car yet,
How should I answer.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Theres only one problem
How should I answer.

Tell them that the stealth mode is great. You just can't find your car.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Theres only one problem
How should I answer.

Tell them that they put the clear-coat on a little thick :lol:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Theres only one problem
How should I answer.

I think thats probable because you already paid for your car. By paying for it in advance I believe is getting everything messed up even with trucking company. There is no reason that you are not in the trucking company's system.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
To Not Yet Received But Letter Sent

This is a sure-fire way of knowing that Pontiac's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Just let Pontiac know this and see how they react. It seems that Pontiac just isn't keeping track of customer's cars. This seems to be a problem right from the beginning of the ordering frenzy on April 15. None of the salesmen had a clue as to pricing or any details of the car. Shame on [email protected]@@

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Solstice62 said:
This is a sure-fire way of knowing that Pontiac's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Just let Pontiac know this and see how they react. It seems that Pontiac just isn't keeping track of customer's cars. This seems to be a problem right from the beginning of the ordering frenzy on April 15. None of the salesmen had a clue as to pricing or any details of the car. Shame on [email protected]@@

:agree:

But you can't help but love the car!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tell them that you would love to give them feed back on the car but you do not have the car yet. Then tell them that you are to busy imaging what it would be like to drive it instead of writing a long letter explaining how they bit because they don't know where your car is.

·
5,641 Posts
Solstice62 said:
This is a sure-fire way of knowing that Pontiac's left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Just let Pontiac know this and see how they react. It seems that Pontiac just isn't keeping track of customer's cars.
This car was already reported delivered by the dealership. The delivery report sets in motion the delivery satisfaction survey which appears to be what he received.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
g0t_w00t said:
Tell them that you would love to give them feed back on the car but you do not have the car yet. Then tell them that you are to busy imaging what it would be like to drive it instead of writing a long letter explaining how they bit because they don't know where your car is.
:yesnod: Take the opportunity to explain how frustrating this part of the process has been.

·
5,641 Posts
KYSol said:
:yesnod: Take the opportunity to explain how frustrating this part of the process has been.

And that would relate to satisfaction with the dealership how?

Any complaints, issues, or low scores on these surveys go against the dealership, not Pontiac. If you write something in, the vendor sends it or faxes it to the dealership. I am not sure Pontiac ever sees the coments, just the raw scores for the dealership.

If you have issues and feel moved to comment, write a seperate letter and mail it in a seperate envelope.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
This car was already reported delivered by the dealership. The delivery report sets in motion the delivery satisfaction survey which appears to be what he received.
I think thats because he paid for it at least one month ago. It happened to someone else who paid for their car in advance.

What I can't understand is he is not in the trucking company's system yet, if it's not in the system it's not going to be shipped.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Correct, many dealers report hot cars delivered before they arrive, in an effort to improve their sales rate. The longer it sits in the dealer inventory, even though it hasn't arrived, the lower their score.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hate to say it... But if you recieved a satisfaction survey THEY HAVE REPORTED your car as sold... More importantly it has also started your warranty. The day your car was reported is also when your warranty started. I would have a problem with that!!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
SOL FULL said:
I hate to say it... But if you recieved a satisfaction survey THEY HAVE REPORTED your car as sold... More importantly it has also started your warranty. The day your car was reported is also when your warranty started. I would have a problem with that!!!
Correct ! Thats why I don't understand why some people paid for it in advance. What if something was wrong with the car like it didn't have AC and you don't want it that way ,they have to order another.But the car is sold to you already. Now what do you do? They are not going to give you your money back, so know you wait for another 4/5 months making payments but you don't have your car yet.

·
5,641 Posts
SOL FULL said:
Not necessarily. We do not know what may have happen after the "delivery report". I believe he posted that the dealership was going to talk to Pontiac and straighten things out. The delivery could have been cancelled and the car returned to inventory. The survey vendor still acts on the original report to send the letter & survey. But warranty could be preserved for the second "delivery report".

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SOL FULL said:
My dealer told me its been put back in the system as not delivered.He also said Warranty ,Starts when I drive out of dealership.
All I no is, it better start when I receive my car.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Could it be that the delivery report has taken it out of the system? If the car is already event code #6000, how can the sytem add code #4150?
I don't know but the dealer got invoiced and Andrew paid for the car about a month ago or longer.Thats why I keep telling him to have his dealer get on top of the situation and call DBC and get some answeres as to why the trucking company doest't have it in their system. But his dealer isn't really doing anything but giving him a hard time for calling. SD is ther any checking you can do ? His vin is 6Y101071.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
deluke said:
I don't know but the dealer got invoiced and Andrew paid for the car about a month ago or longer.Thats why I keep telling him to have his dealer get on top of the situation and call DBC and get some answeres as to why the trucking company doest't have it in their system. But his dealer isn't really doing anything but giving him a hard time for calling. SD is ther any checking you can do ? His vin is 6Y101071.
I did talk to my dealer.
He says he had a Section Manager look for it .Its in Willmington with a batch of 100,that failed inspection ,Thay will be released when all 100 are fixed and inspected.He was told it will take 2 weeks to do it ,This week being week 1.
I think a lot of these cars are the Zero Zip cars.

·
5,641 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
My dealer told me its been put back in the system as not delivered.
Good first step

Andrew Jackson said:
He also said Warranty ,Starts when I drive out of dealership. All I know is, it better start when I receive my car.
Actually the warranty starts "on the date the vehicle is first delivered or put in use". I have never been involved in a return to stock situation, so I am unsure that it would reset the warranty clock. Make sure that the dealership fills out the warranty booklet with your actual date of delivbery amd mileage. Also a couple weeks after your actual delivery, have the dealership runs a VISS inquiry in the Service Department. This will show the warranty start date. It is what the GM sytem will be using and what dealerships will be seeing if you need any warranty work.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts