Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Pontiac Logo/D-Scoop on Fender

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Fort',

I was using this as an example in the other discussion, but among the things with form & function not integrated, it isn't that important (to me).

that's why I edited the poll.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
I'm not sure .
But I thought it has a light ,For the blinker, So cars coming up on the side of you can see a turn light.
I may be wrong.
That could be first tuner option. Even in pure racing I'm for form as an integral part of function. It not only has to go fast it has to look fast sitting still. That's why there are design engineers as well as engineers. Think of your house, is it sided in naturally weathered MDF or do you have brick/stone/siding, etc. Even a bridge needs beauty. Now I know, Solsticeman, you were not advocating 100% pure function without any form. Think about the original sell of the Sol to upper management when Bob says "We want to build a chassis with 4 wheel i.s. rwd, 4 banger with only 2 seats and we want to sell it cheap" or using some of the Donald's words; "We want to invigorate and revitalize Pontiac with its own sexy, gorgeous roadster." (my interpretations, these quotes are just interpretations, form as opposed to function)

For those opposed to form without function you probably didn't like the concave cutout on the 2nd gen 'vette.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Like I said before, I think it's ugly. It's a giant eye soar on the car to me that draws my eye away from the rest of the lovely car. I understand GM trying to draw the eye to the Pontiac symbol, but I think it's just cheap.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...it's ugly

I'm glad I ordered black. Maybe it won't show up as much. :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I could do without it, but it looks OK.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
brentil said:
Like I said before, I think it's ugly. It's a giant eye soar on the car to me that draws my eye away from the rest of the lovely car. I understand GM trying to draw the eye to the Pontiac symbol, but I think it's just cheap.
Isn't it interesting how two people can see the same thing and walk away with totally different impressions? And yet we share the overall same opinion of the car. I think you and I are even getting the same color. I'm beginning to understand why eye witnesses to a crime are often considered unreliable.

I really do think the scoops and emblem adds to the looks of the car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
heintz said:
I thought these were hood release levers. Was it that on the show car?
The hood release levers were only on the concept vehicle. The production model D-scoop is aesethic only -- although some would argue that point ;)
AJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts