Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Within GMInsidenews.com, Pontiac News says "Though nine months from market, Pontiac's Solstice roadster is already strutting its stuff. Solstice program chief Lori Queen says while the Pontiac will be bigger than a Miata, but nowhere near as expensive and high-revving as a Honda S2000, Solstice buyers can plan on Miata-beater acceleration right out of the box."

NINE months away, this seems to be the latest on when we can buy. How about pre-orders and deliveries, Lori? :banghead

It is pretty early to claim that the Solstice will beat a Miata in 9 months time, don't you think? Given 9 months warning, I think Mazda can do something.................. :yesnod

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Do you have the link for the exact page on GMI?

The first thing that catches my eye is 9 months! That would place its arrival about June instead of the fall ’05 timeframe that Pontiac has thrown around in the past! Hope they keep to that 9 months and bring it out in the Summer.

As for the performance claims… GM knows what they are going to offer in the car and they know what Mazda has to offer for the’05 model year. The Miata will remain unchanged for ’05 with the same 140 HP engine and 170 turbo on the Mazdaspeed. Its performance numbers are well known, and by now GM knows what its Solstice will do. (although I do not read their claim as meaning they will beat the Mazdaspeed, but I wouldn’t put it past them either).

Its not too early to make claims. They want people to be excited, and this is certainly one way to draw attention. Whats frustrating is that its too early for an independent source to confirm those claims. So they will have to remain claims for now. I am looking forward to seeing some final reviews of this car to see how it really stacks up in the automotive press, and then finally driving it myself and making up my own mind on how it compares!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Orders on the Solstice

hoffman said:
Within GMInsidenews.com, Pontiac News says "Though nine months from market, Pontiac's Solstice roadster is already strutting its stuff. Solstice program chief Lori Queen says while the Pontiac will be bigger than a Miata, but nowhere near as expensive and high-revving as a Honda S2000, Solstice buyers can plan on Miata-beater acceleration right out of the box."

NINE months away, this seems to be the latest on when we can buy. How about pre-orders and deliveries, Lori? :banghead

It is pretty early to claim that the Solstice will beat a Miata in 9 months time, don't you think? Given 9 months warning, I think Mazda can do something.................. :yesnod
Does anyone know how to order a Solstice?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Like any other car, go to the dealer and ask to place an order.

Technically you can't though. But you might be able to find some dealers putting you on a reserve/pre-order list. GTOJ on these forums is doing this for the Pontiac dealership he works for.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Deidre said:
How can I order the Solstice?
What Brentil said. You need to either find a dealer that is keeping a pre-order list handy to “get in line” for ordering a car, contact GTOJ on these forums and order one through him, or just stay patient for now. The dealers have no specific ordering information at the moment, and GM is not accepting orders from dealers yet.

I’d suspect actual orders will be accepted by GM from dealers starting in late winter to early spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts