Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just put in our deposit at the local Pontiac dealership. Not too much new information I'm afraid but the salesperson did say that we will find out a whole bunch of stuff on Friday.

I'm attaching the two pieces of documents we recieved. One is the pre order program summary and the other is the Solstice features and packages.

~Jake

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
Welcome lawson, Great first post!

I believe there is new stuff/info in those pics, but who can keep track these days.

Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks lawson381 (jake) and welcome.

We have tons of info in the early order survival guide (see link under my signature). Your spec card looks similar to the one we have but different layout it appears.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
johnj11 said:
So does this mean you get one of the first 1000 now if you get a code?
Are you talking about the code (ID#) thing? If so that opens up on April 14th on some website they'll give during a commercial on Apprentice. The code only gives you a chance to get one, dealer still needs to convert code into order on the 15th.

·
Registered
18 Posts
johnj11 said:
So does this mean you get one of the first 1000 now if you get a code?
Yeah my husband and I are number one on our dealers list we are so excited! If they get in our order fast enough we will be getting one of the first 1,000. (Julie)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lawson143 said:
Yeah my husband and I will be receiving one of the first 1,000 we are so excited! (Julie)
Hi, welcome aboard.

I really don't want to dicourage you, but nobody is guaranteed anything at this point except that there will oly be 1000 units avail. for the first run. There is no way your dealer can promise you that until they can confirm your order has been accepted, and we still don't even know how that is giong to happen yet. Won't know until Weds. 23 MAR. Stay tuned until then

Steve

·
Registered
766 Posts
Don't mean to dash your excitement but at this point no one is guaranteed 1 of the first 1000. You have to get a number off internet on 4/14 then go to the dealer 4/15 and have him input the info. Then, if your lucky, you may get one of the first thousand, no sooner.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I guess Im trying to figure out if I need to put a deposite down before the ID#'s are released or is it first come first serve at the dealers on the 15th if you have an ID#. If someone puts a deposit down but doesnt show up with the code that day do I have to wait for them to get there ID in.

·
Registered
338 Posts
johnj11 said:
I guess Im trying to figure out if I need to put a deposite down before the ID#'s are released or is it first come first serve at the dealers on the 15th if you have an ID#. If someone puts a deposit down but doesnt show up with the code that day do I have to wait for them to get there ID in.
We'll, your deposit is refundable. The specifics won't be known until Weds, and if ur serious, better contact a dealer, esp. if ur in a metro market. There is already a line, whether it's first come first serve, or by deposit date, or whatever. I would even think that a large dealer might even open early if they have 15 people on a wait list. At the end of 2004, when GM was throwing out cash, we stayed open from 6am until midnite for a week. And we only sell about 25-30 new a month.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Zolsol said:
Don't mean to dash your excitement but at this point no one is guaranteed 1 of the first 1000. You have to get a number off internet on 4/14 then go to the dealer 4/15 and have him input the info. Then, if your lucky, you may get one of the first thousand, no sooner.

Ok, I understand that there is tons of hype about the car, but think about it... there are only 915 regestered users on the forum. Take in consideration that most people wanting to know about the car or are going to purchase one are on this forum. Not all of the users are going for the first 1,000 and more are just waiting to get the car. I am sure that the people that see the Solstice on the Apprentice will be interested, but they will have less than 17 hours to decide if they want the car and want to put a deposit down on the car. Also, they won't know to take off of work the next day and may wait until Saturday to go to the dealership. I think we will all have a very good shot at getting one of the first 1,000 in production.

Have a happy solstice forum day! :cool:

·
Registered
45 Posts
conejo148 said:
We'll, your deposit is refundable. The specifics won't be known until Weds, and if ur serious, better contact a dealer, esp. if ur in a metro market. There is already a line, whether it's first come first serve, or by deposit date, or whatever. I would even think that a large dealer might even open early if they have 15 people on a wait list. At the end of 2004, when GM was throwing out cash, we stayed open from 6am until midnite for a week. And we only sell about 25-30 new a month.
I have contacted a few dealers and have been told that they never have had anyone ask about the car yet. I know thats going to change very soon with the commercials going to come out, but my only problem is I know more about the car and how they are going to sell the first 1000 than they do. I just dont want this to get screwed up and I dont even get a chance to get one of the first 1000. I have my name in with a dealer. The owner told me that if anyone else wanted on a list he would say I was first and then take the deposite from me. Until then he didnt care because no one else was looking for the car. I just hope this doesnt get messed up.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My thoughts exactly:

Most people serious about getting a 1/1000 would already be members or lurkers at this forum... and not everyone here is going to get 1/1000.

I also agree there will be a very good chance anyone here interested in one of the first 1000 will get one.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
johnj11 said:
Good question and hopefully some of that wil be hashed out soon (dealers have that video conf thing on the 23rd). Personally I feel that putting down money now shows your are serious but remians to be seen if someone can get there on the 15th with checkbook in hand having never have set foot in the door before.

·
Registered
154 Posts
johnj11 said:
I have contacted a few dealers and have been told that they never have had anyone ask about the car yet.
I am wondering if someone would be willing to get a list of the (2300?) pontiac dealers and call all of them to see how many have taken deposits already. it wouldn't take THAT long.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
waiting said:
I am wondering if someone would be willing to get a list of the (2300?) pontiac dealers and call all of them to see how many have taken deposits already. it wouldn't take THAT long.
You mean 2800+? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, I won't be signing up for one of the first 1000, I am still riding the fence between Solstice and Sky.

The question for me remains what happens after the first 1000 are snapped up? How is allocation going to go for this car? Will I have to wait 2 years for a car if I go through my local small town dealer (2 years was the wait for the first SSR through the local Chevrolet dealer). I won't go to the larger Pontiac dealer in the closest city, they informed me they would be getting 1 GTO per year, last time I went by they had 6 sitting in a row.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
cupp said:
Well, I won't be signing up for one of the first 1000, I am still riding the fence between Solstice and Sky.

The question for me remains what happens after the first 1000 are snapped up? How is allocation going to go for this car? Will I have to wait 2 years for a car if I go through my local small town dealer (2 years was the wait for the first SSR through the local Chevrolet dealer). I won't go to the larger Pontiac dealer in the closest city, they informed me they would be getting 1 GTO per year, last time I went by they had 6 sitting in a row.
Regular allocation shouldn't be that bad I would think with them pumping out 20,000 (or more) Sols a year. Someone said regular allocations go by dealer sales voume (size) and some factor of "roadster friendly" market (warmer climates have longer selling season for rag tops).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts