Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Pontiac refuses to give me time stamp info...

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Andrew Jackson 
Here was my correspondence from GM

I have a Time Stamp of 2:39:37. Having the time stamp before the cutoff means nothing to GM. Here is part of the letter the sent me with a pretty lame explaination:

"Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for contacting the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to your Pontiac Solstice inquiry.

I sincerely apologize for any confusion that you have experienced with the Solstice Promotion. Pontiac is not able to account for individual circumstances. There could be many possible reasons outside of Pontiac's control for this. The possibilities could include, but are not limited to the following. It could be as simple as difference in what time the computer used was set to. My co-workers computer is slightly off from my time stamp by a minute. Furthermore, I was at my neighbors house and I noticed his computer was 15 minutes off from the current time. Dealers from different parts of the U.S. could have widely to slight varying times and thus time stamps. Also, if the processing for an application that received a "first thousand" Solstice took longer, then the end time stamp may be different from a shorter request even if it was started after the first. Remember, these are just possible reasons and should not be confused with an all inclusive list.

Again, Pontiac can not account for individual circumstances. Please understand that in offers with limited quantities, some customers will inevitably be left out and it is nothing personal. I hope you understand that it does not reflect our appreciation of you as a customer. I apologize that you were not one of the "first thousand" and that I would not be able to alter the promotion or assist you in getting one of these vehicles. There will be more Pontiac Solstices available for order, but they will not be one of the "first thousand" that were for this promotion. Please see your Sales department for details. However, I am glad that you contacted us to let us know how you feel. Your input is an important part of our mission to continuously improve our ability to satisfy our customers.

Please don't hesitate to contact Pontiac again if you need further assistance...." :brentil:

Helloooo Pontiac: I need a small, vibrant, top-down two seater. I really don't have to be one of the first 1,000... if you could see your way to maybe slip me a litle turbo under the hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.