Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just setting up a feeler thread to gauge interest. As some of you may know, the new ignition key we are getting as part of the recall does NOT have a logo on it and looks quite ugly as-is.

I'm looking into getting some labels made for the keys for the empty circle. Logos will be full colour and I'm looking into label options, but so far seems it would be a resin domed label.

Two designs so far (may add a third custom design if volume allows):

And here's a sample of the key what it would look like with the logo (not actual label, just a mockup I made with photo paper):

So far I got 4 other members that are interested. I'll get some quotes around.

To Mods: I'm not planning to do this in high commercial volumes, but if you feel it is inappropriate please let me know.

Please fill in here if you're interested (Name x number of cars):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oXS8BBEr-2InEQfDET9w2ScFO68obb88WnYVXXYBnpY/edit?usp=sharing

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
When could I say no to a mod?:willy: Key me in!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
4,903 Posts
sure - why not ... count me in for 2 cars... :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
In for 2 cars

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Solstice silhouette one.
Yeah but unfortunately early indicators say that might not happen. Mostly because the label printers require quite a bit of volume before they would even give me a quote.

I may look into doing some "one-offs"...

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I know a guy... He could print these on color-printed vinyl. IIRC a 12x12 sheet was something around $20-$25, and you could print prolly a hundred or so, of different styles and cars.

(BUT - I wasn't really looking to get involved on the pointy end of this :))

·
Registered
763 Posts
It might be more economical overall to just print a sheet with four images, the 3 you show plus a Saturn silhouette, and sell the sheets for a set price. I'd just buy 2 sheets to have some spares. (Rob would probably buy a couple dozen to hand out as bribes at car shows. :lol:)

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
I know a guy... He could print these on color-printed vinyl. IIRC a 12x12 sheet was something around $20-$25, and you could print prolly a hundred or so, of different styles and cars.

(BUT - I wasn't really looking to get involved on the pointy end of this :))
Follow-up. I emailed the guy and he said that the color-printing might wear off, and that he wouldn't be certain about the glue longevity either - with the amount of finger-rubbing these would be subject to.

So, never mind :)

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Was thinking that the Pontiac Arrowhead tie tack I picked up @ NASSM would fit, but it's too big! :brentil:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Follow-up. I emailed the guy and he said that the color-printing might wear off, and that he wouldn't be certain about the glue longevity either - with the amount of finger-rubbing these would be subject to.

So, never mind :)
Yes, which is why I'm going the domed resin route. Basically it's like some of the dealer decals out there, weather resistant so should hold up to finger rubbing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your definitely on to something here. Hell, how much is a sheet? They could be placed elsewhere also besides on Keys. I'll take the silhouette. Great Idea Capriani!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It appears the brand logo is important to some who decide to take part in the recall. GM should take notice and offer keys with the logo imprinted on the key. Inexpensive good will.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It appears the brand logo is important to some who decide to take part in the recall. GM should take notice and offer keys with the logo imprinted on the key. Inexpensive good will.
Or they can simply turn a blind eye to me doing this. ;)

1 - 20 of 170 Posts