Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some coupe roof shipping containers for sale on EBAY. Pontiac Solstice coupe removable roof factory shipping containers. RARE | eBay
IMG_6924.JPG

Pontiac Solstice coupe removable roof shipping containers. RARE

These two black foam block were used to ship bare painted removable roofs for 2009, 2010 Pontiac Solstice coupes. Each block has GM's internal code for the Solstice coupe, “GMX627 removable roof” on them. Letter “I” indicates left side and “D” indicating right side in Spanish. Roofs were made in Mexico and shipped to an off-site vendor in Wilmington Delaware. The vendor was 4 miles from GM's Wilmington DE. assembly plant that built the Solstice. Assembled roofs were trucked over to the GM plant. Blocks are in very nice shape. Coupes were only made for about 6 months so blocks have hardly any wear. Each block measure 47” long, 12” wide and 13” high and combined weight is 5 lbs. Own a piece of Solstice history. I show blocks at the Delaware vendor during production on how they stacked with painted top up. Thin sheets of white foam were used to protect them but are not included. Note: completed roofs will not fit in blocks as the side seals and handles will interfere with fit. With minor trimming they should. Ideas for use? Use them as a base support under the glass top coffee table. Wall art. Etc.

On the bare concrete driveway I show a bare black roof in the blocks for reference. Roof is not for sale. This auction is for two black blocks, one left and one right. Key words: Pontiac. Solstice. GXP. Coupe

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bought it my man. feel free to throw in a bag of herr’s chips, I’m guessing capriottis’s wouldn’t survive the trip haha. Jk, but looking forward to receiving it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts