Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just got a 2008 Solstice 2.4L, I have had it for some 3 days and today I realized that the legs area in the driver side heats up too much to the point that it is uncomfortable, heater was off and recirculate air option was on, my first thought was that maybe it was because I left the car parked under the sun all day, I am going to check tomorrow morning if this happens again, has this happened to any of you????

Great car by the way!!!! ever since the first time I saw this beauty I knew that I had to have one!!! and finally here it is!!!

Please comment!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Welcome Alex! I have an 07 2.4L but have not noticed what you mention. (Other than the car getting hotternhell parked in the sun. I'm a relatively new owner also, but I've read about a heater/ac recalibration procedure that might be the ticket to your issue.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think if you set it to recirculate and then turn the system off you will not get any air moving through the ventilation system. If I don't have my heat or a/c on I turn the flow selector to feet so some air will flow through to my feet to keep them cool. I always make sure recirculate is off before shutting off the system so I get some air flow even with the fan off.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
The dash assembly does absorb a lot of heat from the sun; I'll run the AC just to cool it down, or it will blast you like a heat gun, even with the top down. Once the dash has had a chance to cool, I'll turn the AC back off, and it will be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your replies. I have made new discoveries, the areas that get heated up are the plastic cover on the right side of the driver, and al the plastic beneath steering wheel, also the floor on the passengers side gets even hotter, I did what Wint R says, turned on the AC the coolest and it helped to cool down the plastic areas below the steering wheel, but passenger floor did not show any improvement, I guess it might be some issue with the exhaust system heat shields or something like that, Im gonna take it to a chevy dealer as soon as possible to have that checked, and also to replace the control to activate the car alarm system, I have changed the battery but it just does not work, little details but nothing to complaint, Solstice RULES!!!1 I am so exited, soon I will upload some pictures of my baby, I've named him "Solsticio" which means Solstice in Spanish, I just love the way the motor groans and the very respectable acceleration response, and the hard sporty suspension and the way people turns heads to get a look at this beauty, hard to be unnoticed when driving such a sexy car!!!!

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
Do a calibration on the AC controls. When the battery is disconnected the controls can go out of calibration. Then you set them for no heat but they can deliver heat anyway. Search for the thread and do it

·
Registered
868 Posts
If I remember right, turn left and center controls all the way left. turn fan control all the way right. at the same time push both left and center controls hold and release, they will reset and be complete setting when they stop flashing. It's in here some where,
If I'm wrong some one will correct me.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It sounds like you have the outside air blowing on your feet. Turn off the out side air circulater

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
with the engine OFF, turn the key to ON. All the lights come on but the motor is not running

Turn the left two knobs all the way to the right, turn the right hand knob all the way to the left, then press and hold the left and right knobs until the lights start to blink. leave it alone until the lights stop blinking. It will perform a calibration of the tempearature controls during this period and you will eliminate that as a source of your problem.s

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If the tunnel heats up as you drive, it could be the heat shield blanket around the transmission tunnel. The first time I was under my car, I noticed the pad had a gap at the front, which allowed the engine heat to reach the sheet metal. I happened to have some self-stick blanket material left from lining the area above the muffler, and used it to cover the gap, and problem solved.

·
Super Moderator
7,553 Posts
I insulated the tunnel from the inside when I insulated the trunk lining. It helped a lot, but now I will check for gaps in the heat shield, as there is still some problem with heat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I turned the AC on the coolest temperature for a while after starting the engine and no heat up was noticed on the pilot side, I noticed that this does no happens always, only after multiple engine stop / start cycles and low speed driving; that particular day I had to run many errands and had to drive to down town, so traffic was very heavy; but passenger side floor still heats up a little, I will check the heat shield for that gap you mention, thanks a lot for your help.

I have a question, are the tires supposed to be equiped with the pressure sensor or do I have to purchase them?? I noticed the drivers info pannel has the option to monitor tires pressure but I get no info, I've read the car manual but I found no info about how activating this option or if sensors have to be installed.

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
TPMS is automatic. But you need to match up each sensor with their location on the car. There is a process in the owners manual that describes how you do it. Basically you put it into the learn mode, then the front left turn signal flashes, you lower the air pressure in the front left tire 2-3 pounds, then raise it the same amount. When its learned, the light goes off and the horn honks. Then the left rear turn signal flashes and repeat.

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Like Rob says the TPMS readout is automatic. It displays on your DIC (Driver Info Center) - the rectangular readout at the bottom of your right tach (RPM) gauge. Cycle through the different data items with the "INFO" button on the steering wheel.

In case you didnt get a manual, you can download for free off the web (go here: Pontiac Vehicle Owner?s Manuals | Pontiac)

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
So TS, while you are here . . . so to speak. Do you remember where the thread describing removing the interior of the car to install dynomat? I cant find it anywhere and I need to remove my interior to install thermal blankets. That LS running at 230 is baking the interior of the car.:devil:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts