Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
I thought about bidding on it, but for whatever reason thought I had an extra day to bid.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Thank you RedOne07 for posting this. I have version 2 of this watch that I bought for $200.00 off a Forum member when he sold his Sol. I begged him to sell it to me and he finally relented. :willy:I love this watch ( see pic ). The one you have pictured is I believe version 1. One of these came up on EBay a couple of years back with no "buy it now" price. I bid around $125.00 and was in the lead and then the vendor rejected and blocked me as he would not ship to Canada.:devil: I was frantic! :willy: I then reached out to Joe at JPM who knows what a "solaholic" I am. He agreed to bid for it and have it shipped to him and then he would send to me. I authorized him to go as high as $230.00 plus shipping. Surely, no one would be as bonkers as me and pay this much? Wrong! Four people bid over me and the watch sold for $260.00 plus shipping. Northern Sol was stiffed!:brentil:

When I saw this post I started to shake....... There was no shipping price to Canada!!!! I had to contact seller. I hit the "buy it now" button for $95.00 and went into wait mode. Seller got back to me and agreed to ship it to me for $24.00. Victory!!!!:cool: I am now the proud owner of both versions.

Once it arrives I will post detailed pics of both watches. I have reached out to Burston Marketing / Solstice Stuff to find out how many of each version were made and any other info they could provide. These watches sold for $150.00 through the "Solstice Stuff" site. Will update here when they get back to me.
Cheers,
NS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Ah so your the guy that beat me out on this I was waiting for a counter offer from the seller and it sold in the meantime , glad it ended up with a forum member !

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Ah so your the guy that beat me out on this I was waiting for a counter offer from the seller and it sold in the meantime , glad it ended up with a forum member !
Sorry to go "all in" on you. As per my post I could not help myself! At least we know were two of these watches are now. Hopefully, Burston / Solstice Stuff gets back to me on how many of these were made.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Sooooo, does this mean that you will sell me back version 2? :lol:
...and yes...I am lurking....:devil:

Thank you RedOne07 for posting this. I have version 2 of this watch that I bought for $200.00 off a Forum member when he sold his Sol. I begged him to sell it to me and he finally relented. :willy:I love this watch ( see pic ). The one you have pictured is I believe version 1. One of these came up on EBay a couple of years back with no "buy it now" price. I bid around $125.00 and was in the lead and then the vendor rejected and blocked me as he would not ship to Canada.:devil: I was frantic! :willy: I then reached out to Joe at JPM who knows what a "solaholic" I am. He agreed to bid for it and have it shipped to him and then he would send to me. I authorized him to go as high as $230.00 plus shipping. Surely, no one would be as bonkers as me and pay this much? Wrong! Four people bid over me and the watch sold for $260.00 plus shipping. Northern Sol was stiffed!:brentil:

When I saw this post I started to shake....... There was no shipping price to Canada!!!! I had to contact seller. I hit the "buy it now" button for $95.00 and went into wait mode. Seller got back to me and agreed to ship it to me for $24.00. Victory!!!!:cool: I am now the proud owner of both versions.

Once it arrives I will post detailed pics of both watches. I have reached out to Burston Marketing / Solstice Stuff to find out how many of each version were made and any other info they could provide. These watches sold for $150.00 through the "Solstice Stuff" site. Will update here when they get back to me.
Cheers,
NS

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Sooooo, does this mean that you will sell me back version 2? :lol:
...and yes...I am lurking....:devil:
Glad you are lurking DRM. Perhaps, if you bought another Sol I might consider it.:willy: I really do love the watch and once again thank you for parting with it. I have been following the tracking from USPS and Version 1 has made it across the border into Canada. It should arrive in the next day or two.

I should be the only person with both versions!!!! Most of you will think I am nuts and I am:willy: I have always had a thing about sports cars and watches. When I had my Corvette I had a Corvette watch that my wife bought me from the dealership (still have it ). I also had a Gucci that was in the blue of my 85 Vette.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
She arrived today. It is a real beauty!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Another pic. She has a date in the face. Version 2 does not.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Here they are. Mission complete. Both versions!!!!:willy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
One last pic. Side by side. Double the fun! Perhaps I can breed them.:willy:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
I always know what time it is........Soltime!!!!!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Very NICE!!!

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Thanks guys! Both are working well and am very happy with them. Here is another car watch that I picked up off of EBay about a year ago. A fellow had a few of these Chopard Mille Miglia race watches. All different years and faces.He was handling the estate of a race car driver from the 60's or 70's and this was part of his collection. I love the "The Beautiful Race". It takes place starting in the North of Italy and winds its way down to Rome and then back up. All vintage cars from the 1920's on. Google it for more info. Mille Miglia = 1000 miles. When I saw this one which is one of one thousand with a mean yellow face..........:willy::willy::willy: The wrist band is in a Dunlop tire pattern. Did I say I got a thing for car watches!!!!!:willy::willy::willy:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts