Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Installed the XP80s tonight, turn the car on, put it in reverse - no light.:cuss:
Pulled the tail lights out, again, reversed the LED bulbs, put it back together, and tested in a dark garage. Very bright, white light; way better than the bulbs I took out.
It was nice meeting you last week!

Did you take any before/after pictures? The XP80's are 100 lumens brighter than the XP50's due to the 921 bulb size being smaller

They do not disappoint :)

Nick C.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
For a Sky, only one XP80 bulb would be required for a backup light. Is it possible to purchase only one bulb?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Any Pics before and after? TIA!
My camera doesn't have a fixed f-number/shutter speed setting, and also does auto-white balance, so any differences would probably be canceled by the camera, or made very subtle, at best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ive had my solstice for a few months now and one of the back up lights has burnt out. Would anyone be able to tell me How to get to the bulbs so that i could replace it . Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
On my '07 the backup lights come out by laying on the ground under the car and sticking your arm up to reach the backup light bulb holder. It is visible. There is a small plastic tab that has to be squeezed in so you can turn the bulb holder. About a quarter turn will remove it. Did this last weekend. Installed the Diode Dynamics midrange LED's.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Bulb dimensions are being added to our listings to help customers confirm fitment for unique applications.

(921 HP36 Reverse light LED shown)

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Do you have a replacement for the center third brake light?
Thank you for asking!

I believe that is a factory-LED assembly, which can't be replaced like a traditional incandescent bulb. We haven't had a Solstice in the studio to confirm, but that's my best guess.

Nick C.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

LAST CHANCE TO SAVE!!! Until 11:59 p.m. CST on 12/2/2019, you can use coupon code "BLACKFRIDAY" at checkout for 20% off your entire order of lighting upgrades, including our NEW SS3 LED Pods!!! Don't wait, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST on Monday 12/2/2019. Cannot be combined with other coupon codes.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts