Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
tennis4789 said:
I'm considering buying Pontiac Solstice or a Chevy Avalanche. The Avalanche comes in rear wheel drive like the Solstice with some models. The Avalanche probably has a bit more towing capacity and cargo space but can't be sure since specs haven't been released yet on Solstice. Both vehicles probably come in about same price after rebates & incentives for the Avalanche. Although, I think the Solstice will get better mileage. Girlfriend already has a convertible Sebring. I have a prism. Tough choice.
I can't decide wether or not your are serious, or actually being sarcastic... :willy:

The Solstice is RWD yes, but seats 2, the avalanche 5, and will have small % of the total cargo capacity of the Avalanche. These are 2 completely different vehicles, with different prices, so consider your needs first!!!

An avalanche will not come in the same price with incentives and rebates as a Solstice. If you know one then show me!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
tennis4789 said:
Was being a bit humorous. But, I am thinking about Avalanche or Solstice. I'm 33 with no kids so if I don't go with a 2 seat sports car and end up with some kids it might be 20 years or so before I get the chance. Right now I see looking at Edmunds.com a 2005 Avalanche stripped down -$1032 in options (soft cargo cover and no body hardware) after -$3500 rebate for $26,137 (might be able to get into 3% holdback another -$780). Last August saw the same truck I think for -$4500 in rebate plus an additional -$1500 owner loyalty/private offer or something like that. That would put it at $23,500. So in my mind that puts a stripped down Avalanche and a first year Solstice at about the same price.

Sounds like somekind of cooke up solution to prevent midlife crisis in the future.. lol. Rebates you mention might have been ones on 2004's from the end of the year push... Current rebates are only 1000 on the lanche. If you can get more yourself then more power to you. Actualy the WBH option seems more popular then the extra cladding feature proved not popular anymore.

Here's an idea! Go for both! Get the Solstice when it comes out, then trade it for the Avalance (resale is going to be excellent) before the kid comes around. Then you can put the 20" wheel option on the lanche, and you'd be one of the coolest dads around. Or you can get the Lanch now, and maybe you can get your Girlfriend to trade in the Chrysler and keep both GM's in your stables. Gosh I wish I had an excuse like that to get both!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts