Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got a call from the pontiac rep who was nice enough to call me every week to update me on my vehicle order. She called today and told me that my car is built and it will be shipped soon. But the fact of the matter is that I already got my car on Sept. 30th, 10 days ago. When I told her that she could not believe it.

This shows the accuracy of Pontiac's vehicle order system!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
harry said:
Today I got a call from the pontiac rep who was nice enough to call me every week to update me on my vehicle order. She called today and told me that my car is built and it will be shipped soon. But the fact of the matter is that I already got my car on Sept. 30th, 10 days ago. When I told her that she could not believe it.

GM updates their system information daily. (I believe) The information is then sent from GM to the dealers. So maybe GM was slow the past week, week and a half getting their info out there because after all, the information is getting passed down from the plant to the company, then to the company to the Dealer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If the order system works like a website, then they could have been looking at Cached pages. CTRL- F5 solves that.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
harry said:

A company like GM not know where their cars are is very scary. The whole system stinks when it came to the Solstice.And it's been this way from day 1.

·
Registered
102 Posts
harry said:

I called my dealer yesterday to find out status of car #815, because as of last Friday, it was still in Lordstown. He checked computer and it said it was delivered to him on Thursday, October 6th!! Well, we both knew that wasn't right, so he called DBC and it's still in Lordstown! I was so hoping they were going to tell him it had been shipped and was in Portland! (Gresham is bedroom community of Portland) They will update him tomorrow. Hopefully, it will be on its way!!! So, don't believe the computer! :)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
harry said:
Today I got a call from the pontiac rep who ... told me that my car is built and it will be shipped soon. But the fact of the matter is that I already got my car on Sept. 30th, 10 days ago.
This would be :lol: if not so :brentil:

:yesnod:

·
Registered
233 Posts
harry said:

I too received a call like that in September, but was asked if I had received my car. :brentil: I'm still waiting....I would rather be in your position... :yesnod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts