Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that signed up for Solstice "update" e-mails gotten anything from them? I didn't even get any indication that they received my request. I am not impressed! :banghead

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I get emails from them from time to time. Last one I got was about 3-4 weeks ago I believe. The thing is though, GM like any other company does not usually talk about un-finalized products. Don't expect any real information from that email system until after it's announced elsewhere. media.gm.com will more then likely be the first place you'll find information.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I got that email a few weeks ago too. It basically was a generic Pontiac email highlighting numerous vehicles. The Solstice was included, but it basically sent you to their website, and told you the same information we have known for a year already.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I also received that e-mail several weeks (maybe even a month) ago. But nothing from Pontiac since then.

Curiously, as a Saturn owner, I received a card in the mail from them yesterday showcasing their new line of vehicles INCLUDING the Sky. It had a return tear-off that allows you to check off the car you're interested in, when you'd be buying, etc. The blurb about the Sky said it would be in the showrooms in early 2006! :banghead

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
I also received that e-mail several weeks (maybe even a month) ago. But nothing from Pontiac since then.

Curiously, as a Saturn owner, I received a card in the mail from them yesterday showcasing their new line of vehicles INCLUDING the Sky. It had a return tear-off that allows you to check off the car you're interested in, when you'd be buying, etc. The blurb about the Sky said it would be in the showrooms in early 2006! :banghead
Early 2006 is pretty much what we were being told from all sources. That's in essence Q1 which is Jan-Mar.

Yeah, I was amased. My supervisor who isn't really into cars as much as I am actually new about the Sky as well. He owns two Saturns, and they were sending out Sky announcements pretty much the day it got unveiled.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
That's funny. Yesterday I got a reminder from Saturn to bring my VUE for the recall. Haven't seen any SKY swag from them yet, though.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
2KWK4U said:
That's funny. Yesterday I got a reminder from Saturn to bring my VUE for the recall. Haven't seen any SKY swag from them yet, though.
It was this particular dealer that had sent out Sky information, and Aura information as well. And then at the bottom the "if you get a friend to buy one, we'll give you free money."

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I think Saturn has been doing a better job with marketing the Sky this spring than Pontiac is with the Solstice. Maybe its just because the Sky is new and getting more attention, but it seems that GM has released more official Sky info and specs, while they have essentially allowed the same information to leak out regarding the Solstice but haven't really put it altogether in an official publication. (Such as the Sky pdf).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I think Saturn has been doing a better job with marketing the Sky this spring than Pontiac is with the Solstice. Maybe its just because the Sky is new and getting more attention, but it seems that GM has released more official Sky info and specs, while they have essentially allowed the same information to leak out regarding the Solstice but haven't really put it altogether in an official publication. (Such as the Sky pdf).
Yeah, that's my issue with this situation too. Yes we've got a lot more information about the Solstice here, but that's from over a year of digging and scrounging for data. The Sky pretty much jumped up close to the level of what we know about the Solstice the day it was announced.

·
Premium Member
10,364 Posts
That is what diferentiates both companies. Saturn is the GOOD buyer experience, both with the sale and after. Pontiac and other GM brands do not seem to care.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
LatinVenom said:
That is what diferentiates both companies. Saturn is the GOOD buyer experience, both with the sale and after. Pontiac and other GM brands do not seem to care.
True. I guess I would have guessed that the marketing efforts would have been more centrally controlled and coordinated between these two cars. It just looks like one hand doesn’t know what the other is doing. .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts