Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
During hard acceleration and after (deceleration) I hear a popping noise from the windshield surround. Is this common on cars that have modded engines or had the GM tune installed? I'm guessing it's the increased torque causing it. I'm hoping it's not distructive.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
No, it isn't (although it is common on almost all coupes, which had issues with how much pressure the latches could put on the top without constant adjustment!).

At least I don't recall anyone complaining about it on verts before.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
rd acceleration and after (deceleration) I hear a popping noise from the windshield surround. Is this common on cars that have modded engines or had the GM tune installed? I'm guessing it's the increased torque causing it. I'm hoping it's not distructive.
First that I've heard of this problem too.

Has the valence in front of the windshield ever been removed, like to replace HPFP?

Yogi

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, it isn't (although it is common on almost all coupes, which had issues with how much pressure the latches could put on the top without constant adjustment!).

At least I don't recall anyone complaining about it on verts before.
It's a singular snapping/popping sound. Happens when I push the car hard - right when the turbo kicks in hard and usually in a straight line. Then will pop again when I let off. Sounds like it is coming from overhead between the top and windscreen. Weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts