Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something? I just saw this headline in one of the automotive magazines:
Porsche used three locations in Canada, Germany and China to pronounce its electrified future with the launch of the Taycan all-wheel-drive battery-electric sport sedan, going on sale first in the U.S. later this year. Pricing is expected to start at $150,000 for Taycan Turbo and $180,000 for Taycan Turbo S.

·
Super Moderator
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looked up some other articles touting the new all electric Porsche. They make no mention of "turbo".

Bill.
That's odd. Where did you look? It was in the headline at Wards, and this is a quote from the C&D article:
Porsche has long built phenomenal driving machines, and now it extends that philosophy to all-electric vehicles with the 2020 Taycan. The new Porsche sedan will come in two flavors—Turbo and Turbo S—when it goes on sale later this year. While the model names are familiar to Porsche fans, the electrified components and performance characteristics are not.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Haven't you heard? They developed a turbo for electric motors!!:glol::woo: Of course I'm kidding.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Has anyone seen the Lucid???? WOW! I may or may not have physically seen it....All I can say is Tesla has nothing on Lucid!!

https://lucidmotors.com/

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
Turbo, Autopilot, Roadster, GT , they all abuse terminology

But I am very surprised about the name of this new Porsche

Tea Can is not very flattering:)

My 2008 daily driver is a turbo, but is not mentioned anywhere, since it would be bad for sales. Go figure

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
I watched a Fastlane car video. They name it turbo to be "consistent" with the level of performance. It has no turbo. It's matketing mumbojumbo
Ahh - you mean like calling a convertible a GT....? But who would do that?

Using 'Turbo' as an advertising come on does seem to surpass the still wrong, but less offensive minor abuses like Chrysler calling their new V8 engines 'Hemis' when they are not (they are technically polyspherical combustion chamber heads). If I was looking at buying a model labelled 'turbo' it better damn well have a turbocharger somewhere!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts