Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got an email from my dealer that I'd get my VOM # soon and "they truly appreciate my business". Don't think I'll be throwing that away, just in case I run into trouble (not to be too cynical).

How long after you ordered did you get your VOM #?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered three weeks ago and just got my VOM# today. My original salesman was brand new and didn't quite understand how things worked. He has since moved on to the geek squad at Circuit City. My new salesman (grizzled veteran LOU) took the bull by the horns and got the info I wanted. Not just my order but everybody who ordered a Solstice from the dealership. I'm in a lot better position than I thought I was (2 away from being picked up), with lots of orders behind me.

For some reason having orders behind mine makes me happy, feels like progress even if it's just adding to the bottleneck.

Back to your question. your VOM# should be available. If your not getting answers from the salesman go to the sales manager.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We got our Vom# the same day we ordered. The Sales manager printed our order out and it had the number on the top.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sol Survivor said:
We got our Vom# the same day we ordered. The Sales manager printed our order out and it had the number on the top.
Hmmmm...

So would that mean that if I don't have my VOM, the car may not have been ordered? or they have just not given me the #?

ooks like a trip to the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
976 Posts
ccosborne said:
I ordered three weeks ago and just got my VOM# today. My original salesman was brand new and didn't quite understand how things worked. He has since moved on to the geek squad at Circuit City. My new salesman (grizzled veteran LOU) took the bull by the horns and got the info I wanted. Not just my order but everybody who ordered a Solstice from the dealership. I'm in a lot better position than I thought I was (2 away from being picked up), with lots of orders behind me.

For some reason having orders behind mine makes me happy, feels like progress even if it's just adding to the bottleneck.

Back to your question. your VOM# should be available. If your not getting answers from the salesman go to the sales manager.

I am sorry if this is off topic, but heed these words. All of them, from the new kid that now works at the local circuit city, to the way the Vetran salesman gets not only the info for the order, but much needed info for all the other orders in the delaership. Nice guy.

Point(off topic) Your dealer can get this information for you, the question who you will ask, and how you will ask them....

·
Registered
976 Posts
GHM73 said:
Hmmmm...

So would that mean that if I don't have my VOM, the car may not have been ordered? or they have just not given me the #?

looks like a trip to the dealer is in order.

May not need a trip to the dealer just yet. Larger dealers submit all of their orders at once, instead of submitting them the moment you order. It helps them organize allocation versus order, and make sure there ducks are in a row. Otherwise silly stuff gets backwards in the system and your order is dropped. Every dealer has to pay attention to this.

I work at a small dealership, and we have a manager keeping track of all that. But I watch it constantly now, cause I can.

At a larger dealership the orders may be placed in the bosses office, on the seperate ?sattelite? link to GM.

Our link is in the office with the computer.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts