Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Possible Chicago Event Summer 2008

41K views 235 replies 44 participants last post by  ihawk95 
#1 · (Edited)
The Chicagoland Kappa Club, Chicagoland Roadsters, the Central Illinois Kappas (NEO Far West Chapter) and Team Solstice 2008 would like to put together a weekend event in the Chicagoland area.

The Official Dates are:
CHICAGO - AUGUST 8-10, 2008
ST. LOUIS - AUGUST 10-11, 2008 (If we make it that far down Rt. 66. It's in the early planning stages!)

Here are the ideas we've had in the last couple of days...
Attack a major car show! Lot's of Kappas attending a very large show in Chicago.
A Kappa Parade south down of Lake Shore Drive to the start of Historic Route 66. We'll run Route 66. Maybe head down to the Museum in Pontiac?!?
And of course the usual socializing and food & beverage consumption.
Maybe another run if I can find something twisty in the area?!?

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

I'm looking for some feedback as far as timeframe:

phil kranz - we need an idea as to when the larger car show events occur.
WiSols - what is your run schedule for 2008? Besides the Dells. Door County? Anything else?
NEO/PA - I need your regional run schedule for 2008
Anyone else within a few state radius that has something regional planned, let me know. We want to avoid the major runs and events.

Post if you're interested and I'll start the list here. This is interest only and could change based on date selected:

ihawk95
phil kranz
Rick Tinley Park
kkoschnitzke
SmokinSolstice
Druid-2
Dengel
JustMike
mikep77
solli4me
MRSSKY
SkyBaby
reedred
Berserk303
bentley

We already have 15 and have no idea when and what we're doing!! Let's do this!!!! Whatever it is!!! :cool: :dthumbs: :woo:

See less See more
#2 ·
Put me down as a serious maybe ... :lol:

#3 ·
Excellent!!

Alright people...one other thing I'd like to mention...I would really like to see some people from Iowa get in on an event. Where are you?!? :toetap: If JustMike can get her from Delaware and Dengel can make in all the way from NJ, you all can drive 4-6 hours. 2 if you're in the QC. :yesnod:

#4 ·
Remember, you can always fly in for this as well. I'm sure will have plenty of Kappas with space for co-pilots. :)

#7 ·
Bambi wants to know if there is a co-pilot seat avbl for her

#5 ·
The Chicagoland Kappa Club, Chicagoland Roadsters, the Central Illinois Kappas (NEO Far West Chapter) and Team Solstice 2008 would like to put together a weekend event in the Chicagoland area.

Here are the ideas we've had in the last couple of days...
Attack a major car show! Lot's of Kappas attending a very large show in Chicago.
A Kappa Parade south down of Lake Shore Drive to the start of Historic Route 66. We'll run Route 66. Maybe head down to the Museum in Pontiac?!?
And of course the usual socializing and food & beverage consumption.
Maybe another run if I can find something twisty in the area?!?

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post.

I'm looking for some feedback as far as timeframe:

phil kranz - we need an idea as to when the larger car show events occur.
WiSols - what is your run schedule for 2008? Besides the Dells. Door County? Anything else?
NEO/PA - I need your regional run schedule for 2008
Anyone else within a few state radius that has something regional planned, let me know. We want to avoid the major runs and events.

Post if you're interested and I'll start the list here. This is interest only and could change based on date selected:

ihawk95
phil kranz
Rick Tinley Park
kkoschnitzke
SmokinSolstice
Druid-2
Dengel
JustMike

We already have 8 and have no idea when and what we're doing!! Let's do this!!!! :cool: :dthumbs: :woo:
NEO's have 05-03-08 locked up....and an event later in the year (T2TR-III DOUBLE HEADER REDUX) which will not be in November...probably closer to Labor Day.

#6 ·
I can probably live with that. :lol:

#9 ·
#12 ·
Thanks Moms!!!! :thumbs:

#10 ·
Well you know I'm up for just about anything. Especially if it's in my own backyard.

#18 ·
MASC's 3rd Annual is June 21/22, 2008.

I'm free as a bird with 4 weeks vacation from July 10th through August 10. ANYTIME during that time is FINE WITH ME. :D

#21 ·
I'm a Chicagoland Solstice owner. This might be a good time. Keep me posted.
Thanks!

#22 ·
This might be a good time?!? :willy:

This will definitely be a good time! :yesnod: :yay: :woo: :dthumbs:

And we'll try to work around the major regional events so the timing will hopefully work out for most!

#28 ·
Bambi told me to ask if there is room for her big sister too

Her name is Ginger...and she likes to ride topless

#30 ·
Funny...they don't look like sisters. :huh:

I would have never guessed! :lol:

#29 ·
ah....does one have to look like a Bambi or a Ginger to go?:(

#31 ·
Only if you're going *in* D2's head. All others can be normal :glol:

#32 ·
I resemble that

but Mel knows ....I'm just stirring the pot for the rest of the group
(somebody has to be the stirree !!)

I'm really just a homebody

I'm surprised GWG hasn't invited Mildred yet !!!

#35 ·
No, I'm saving LeRoy and Mildred for Ohio. They might get lost in Chicago!

#36 ·
WISols only event set in stone at this time is the Dells, the rest we'll figure out before spring, working around other events in our region :yesnod:

Odds are we'll have something based out of Green Bay, whether we do Door again is up in the air.
The Lake Geneva run will be replaced by something in the Kettle Moraine/New Glarus area, (different roads than we'll run for Dells). The Penguin is in need of a revamp, probably starting in Fond du Lac, but not necessarily ending up in Manitowoc.

My end goal for '08 is a meet a month, starting in January with our New Years Day run around the north of Milw area!

#37 ·
OK, so since you are fabulous at this stuff....what do you think. I think early June is bad due to graduations. Great time of year for Chicago though.

Despite the heat, I'm thinking Mid-july to early August for a range. What do ya think?!?
Hey...it's always cooler by the lake right?!?

At least this will narrow it down some!

#44 ·
And you are on the list!!!

:woo:

#42 ·
Aren't you like 4 hours from Chicago. Worst case you could come in Saturday and head out Sunday. You'd still have time to study.

Cause I'm thinking mid July to early August on a timeframe. I'll put you down. Plenty of time between now and then to think about it. :)

#43 · (Edited)
Day 2 and we're updating the list!

Looks like a Mid-July to Early August timeframe.

Post if your party is interested! I understand the list could change based on the selected dates:

ihawk95
phil kranz
Rick Tinley Park
kkoschnitzke
SmokinSolstice
Druid-2
Dengel
JustMike
mikep77
solli4me
MRSSKY
SkyBaby
reedred
Berserk303
bentley
MountainKing
SolScuba
Spfld-IL-SkY
jchao
oakfarm

We already have 20 and have no idea what we're doing!! Let's do this!!!! Whatever this is!!! (OK, I'm starting to piece some ideas together! Details will be revealed as we think them up!!)

#46 ·
And I will be coming to Ohio at least once next summer!! I'll update the list!!! :woo: :yay: :woo:

#49 ·
I go to MI alot which is a 6 hour drive for me. Ok at least 2 times a year so chi-town is nothing for me about 2 hrs.

#50 ·
Yeah, I guess it is only about 2 hrs. To the western suburbs at least. Sorry, had to think about that for a sec.

#56 ·
Excellent!! I will add you and the Skys that checked in as well. We're up to almost 25!! :willy:

Go OSU!!!!

#96 ·
Ok, now you're messing with our heads here....(since you posted elsewhere that you are someone else???)

#57 · (Edited)
Day 3's updated list!!

Post if your party is interested! I understand the list could change based on the selected dates:

ihawk95
phil kranz
Rick Tinley Park
kkoschnitzke
SmokinSolstice
Druid-2
Dengel
JustMike
mikep77
solli4me
MRSSKY
SkyBaby
reedred
Berserk303
bentley
MountainKing
SolScuba
Spfld-IL-SkY
jchao
oakfarm
DA 1234
AwsmSky
BluSkyz
zonvil
crawdadsolstice

We already have 25 and have no idea what we're doing!! Let's do this!!!! Whatever this is!!! (OK, I'm starting to piece some ideas together! Details will be revealed as we think them up!!)

#58 ·
I would have to consider things depending on when, etc. Thanks for working on this, Diane, and everyone else.

#59 ·
You want me to put ya on the list there Crawdad?

#63 ·
You're on it!!! Woo Hoo!!!

:yay:

#62 · (Edited)
Day 4's Updated List!!

ihawk95
phil kranz
Rick Tinley Park
kkoschnitzke
SmokinSolstice
Druid-2
Dengel
JustMike
mikep77
solli4me
MRSSKY
SkyBaby
reedred
Berserk303
bentley
MountainKing
SolScuba
Spfld-IL-SkY
jchao
oakfarm
DA 1234
AwsmSky
BluSkyz
zonvil
crawdadsolstice
bryan1969
GByrnes
crundell
voncion22
Boat Drink

We already have 30 and have no idea what we're doing!! Let's do this!!!! Whatever this is!!! (OK, I'm starting to piece some ideas together! Details will be revealed as we think them up!!)

#64 ·
I'm bringing my power driver too.

Not sure if you'll need a good corking or a good screwing by them...so ...jic

#67 ·
How many are on your T2TR III list? Why don't we go liven your thread up a bit? I'm up to 27 in 4 days. I'm happy with that. We need more Twisty goers!!! :yesnod:

#65 ·
Depending on who needs what...I got a rabbit and and drill. Its a heavy duty drill that makes screwing a breeze but it sure has power.

#66 ·
OHHHHH!!! We could do power tool drag racing!!!!! :willy:

#71 ·
Belt sanders were OK, but if I remember right the rotary grinders were faster. The RPM's were a lot higher, but they were light and hard to keep on the track. The belt sanders had more weight and slowed them down a bit. Still fun to watch though!

Wonder if they still have power tool drag racing?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.