Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a picture just yet - but there are two suspicious holes at the leading edge on the underside of the hood forward of the airbox. There is supposed to be revised airflow for the forced-air version - is it underneath, through the grill, or possibly through the hood?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
xfire305 said:
I don't have a picture just yet - but there are two suspicious holes at the leading edge on the underside of the hood forward of the airbox. There is supposed to be revised airflow for the forced-air version - is it underneath, through the grill, or possibly through the hood?
Definitely would like some pictures if you have a change to snap some. I can't get an idea of how a scoop would look, but with Pontiac's Ram Air history, it's possible. Perhaps a more aggressive look for the turbo version?

-Jimmy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Hopefully they'll make it available as a performance part down the road for the 06 models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Hood Scoop? Can you say Mullet Mobile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
I just can't envision a ram air package looking right on the Sol, maybe the Sky though. A WS6 package would be a nice upgrade for turbo Sol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Add a spoiler for the trunk, ground effects and an exhaust tip the diameter of a coffee can along with the spoiler and call it the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Edition.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
sonoransolstice said:
Add a spoiler for the trunk, ground effects and an exhaust tip the diameter of a coffee can along with the spoiler and call it the Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Edition.
Hood scoops have been a long time Pontiac symbol for their high powered cars. Look at the current Grand Prix and GTO, look at a lot of their older cars too (Firebird for the most recent example). If done correctly by GM they can look damn good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
brentil said:
Hood scoops have been a long time Pontiac symbol for their high powered cars. Look at the current Grand Prix and GTO, look at a lot of their older cars too (Firebird for the most recent example). If done correctly by GM they can look damn good.
The 02' Trans Am looked amazingly cool looking with the hood scoops.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Im game for a hood scoop I think it would compliment the hood, even though the Sols already shaped like a greek goddess :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
Primus said:
I didn't like the ws6 scoops, but the firehawk scoops looked good that year.
I like the old original Firehawk scoop. Forgive me but I'm not a huge history person when it comes to certain cars like the Birds, but it was in the early 90's, like say maybe 93 or 94, when it was based off the cleaner Formula body style, not Trans Am. My friend had one and it looked strong and tough but clean and smooth at the same time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
288 Posts
I had a 1995 Pontiac Firehawk that had scoops like you are refering I believe. I prefered the hood scoop on my 1999 Firehawk though. Meaner looking. Bigger opening. Plus it had the LS1 engine as opposed to the LT1 that was in the '95.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
This thread's been around for a day and a half and STILL no PhotoChops? Pathetic! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,686 Posts
Can anyone say "shaker hood", you know the old trans am hood with a hole in the middle with the air cleaner intake sticking out through it :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Critterman said:
Can anyone say "shaker hood", you know the old trans am hood with a hole in the middle with the air cleaner intake sticking out through it :eek:
Eh, give me a shaker on a 4th gen TransAm :eek:

Man how I've lusted over 2002 Woodward Dream Cruise TransAm over the years :D

2002 Woodward TransAm and Camaro pics
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Chris said:
This thread's been around for a day and a half and STILL no PhotoChops? Pathetic! :)
I was thinking the same thing.

I really don't think the Solstice would look good with a hoodscoop of any kind. It's a car about curves and no lines... a low-profile scoop on the Sky would look TONS better.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top