Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my dealer and asked if my car was going to be put on hold or sent back to the plant; it's scheduled to arrive September 1st. The salesman I spoke to (mine has the day off) stated that there has been problems with dealers putting the cars on EBAY (as we all know). He mentioned that this might be the problem. I suppose it's possible that GM is delaying shipment in order to ensure that these cars are going to legitimate buyers and not dealers trying to scam the system. He stated that he has not heard of any problems with the car that would cause a recall or hold. I don't have my full VIN number at work so I can't call the business center to confirm my delivery (I forgot to ask the dealer when I called and I'm done harrassing them for today). If anyone wants to call Pontiac to get to the business center the general number is 800/762-2737.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Another interesting rumor. Could you imagine if those dealers trying to sell on eBay cost the rest of us 3 weeks :brentil:

Not sure what I believe anymore :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Perhaps this is the reason so many customers are getting called from the Solstice HQ?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
mceb said:
Another interesting rumor. Could you imagine if those dealers trying to sell on eBay cost the rest of us 3 weeks :brentil:

Not sure what I believe anymore :lol:
I havent seen any dealer...or at least blatant dealer ebay ads.....all currently on seem to be individuals selling there car that is in possession or the ole Option to Buy the car......offer...

dont honestly think this is a reason not to ship cars...

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
PAO said:
I havent seen any dealer...or at least blatant dealer ebay ads.....
Yea, couple weeks ago some dealer had 1 up. Think there might have been another too. People went nuts and GM did apparently step in somehow. The dealer even posted on this site the next day.

Agree that would be a strange reason to hold cars.

·
Registered
233 Posts
sol4soul said:
I called my dealer and asked if my car was going to be put on hold or sent back to the plant; it's scheduled to arrive September 1st. The salesman I spoke to (mine has the day off) stated that there has been problems with dealers putting the cars on EBAY (as we all know). He mentioned that this might be the problem. I suppose it's possible that GM is delaying shipment in order to ensure that these cars are going to legitimate buyers and not dealers trying to scam the system. He stated that he has not heard of any problems with the car that would cause a recall or hold. I don't have my full VIN number at work so I can't call the business center to confirm my delivery (I forgot to ask the dealer when I called and I'm done harrassing them for today). If anyone wants to call Pontiac to get to the business center the general number is 800/762-2737.
I don't believe that is why the cars are being held. My car was shipped out on 8/5 and finally arrived via train in Birmingham on the 22nd. I called GM Headquarters on the 29th to find out why I hadn't received my car since I am only 1.15hrs away. No one claimed to know anything. My dealer emailed me today and stated: "I checked on your car today. The Dealer Business Center said that your car is on hold and that it was being shipped back to the plant. I have no idea why it is being shipped back to the plant. I hope we get some information soon on the reason. I know that this is very disappointing." I can understand holding them at the plant prior to shipping, but not sending it on a train for 17 days and keeping it for another week and then sending it back to the plant.... :willy: :cryin:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mceb said:
Yea, couple weeks ago some dealer had 1 up. Think there might have been another too. People went nuts and GM did apparently step in somehow. The dealer even posted on this site the next day.

Agree that would be a strange reason to hold cars.
Ah, well, you know the old saying: Truth is stranger than fiction! :crazy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone get the feeling that our dealers are as much out of the loop as us buyers? When did the Solstice become part of the military's covert operations unit?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer. He got information yesterday that production has been slowed down due to inspections on previously built units. He said my car is at "broadcast" stage ---??? He was advised that there was not an eta for restart, but will talk to them tomorrow to find out further where things stand. He said they really want quality vehicles going out. Great!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I still think that the real cause(s) which have been much discussed here on other threads are one or all of the following:

1) Quailty controll issues that caused some cars that were built to be held or returned for corrections (mine for instance)
2) Delays on the shipping end due to a general scarcity of 2006 cars in the loop until Sept
3) Pontiac is holding the bulk of Solstice shipments back so that their arrival at dealers coinsides with marketing/dealer promotions for 2006 models ca. Sept/Oct.

·
Registered
135 Posts
PAS22 said:
I still think that the real cause(s) which have been much discussed here on other threads are one or all of the following:

1) Quailty controll issues that caused some cars that were built to be held or returned for corrections (mine for instance)
2) Delays on the shipping end due to a general scarcity of 2006 cars in the loop until Sept
3) Pontiac is holding the bulk of Solstice shipments back so that their arrival at dealers coinsides with marketing/dealer promotions for 2006 models ca. Sept/Oct.
I don't disagree, but remember this article. Why say it if you don't mean it?

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

Richard Truett - Automotive News / August 01, 2005

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Yup, Aug 3rd was the original plan. I remember that artcile but something has changed, most likely some extra quality check or rework. It's the only reason that makes sense to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
sol4soul said:
I tried this number. They were very nice, but after numerous lengthy holds they transfered me to a gentleman with Solstice Headquarters who told me "nothing wrong, just getting them right. Hurricane might cause delays (wasn't here last week!) and could be problems not even associated with the car". Nothing about Sept 6 ship or any other info that would offer promise.

I drove 1080 miles one way to see this car and listen to people I respect tell us car would be delivered soon. I guess the Oct. 31 deadline may be more right than than I figured! No reason to keep wondering when it's coming. It will be here when it gets here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One additional piece of information that the Pontiac people said yesterday in Portland, was that they were not just shipping Solstices by themselves. They are transported with other cars to area depots and then sent to the dealers from there. So, it sounds like it makes sense that they will ship with other 2006's. Also told yesterday, that we would have our cars by the end of October, as promotion dictates. I'd love to have it now, but since it's such a great car and a great price, the only option is to wait! If only our rain didn't start in OCTOBER!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pirates hijacked all the trucks and now they're joy riding around the USA with trucks full of Solstices. GM had to hire Ninjas to track down and get all the Solstices back.

I think that's about as plausible an explination as we've gotten from any source. :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Movie Script!

sol4soul said:
:lurk:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Sol Deep said:
I don't disagree, but remember this article. Why say it if you don't mean it?

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

Richard Truett - Automotive News / August 01, 2005
Isn't that the same Mark Reuss that stated the Sky would start production near the end of this summer? :rolleyes: :skep:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
brentil said:
Pirates hijacked all the trucks and now they're joy riding around the USA with trucks full of Solstices. GM had to hire Ninjas to track down and get all the Solstices back.
That gets my vote :thumbs:

One other possibility - back to the idea that GM has been re-contacting F1k owners: When I stopped in to see my sales guy today, he claimed their F1k car was going to a GM exec (he was kind of grousing about it, :cuss: so he obviously new he shouldn't be getting it).

Maybe there has been a whole lot more monkey business with the rules than we suspected :skep: . Who knows, maybe the Majority of legit F1k owners are registered with this site and GM is more serious about dealers following the 'rules' than we think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts