Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing around with the idea of using an RMR style bar to mount a portion of the soft top onto to make a somewhat permanent windscreen. I know that this could be done in a much easier way, but what fun would that be? As I hardly ever remove my Lemans hardtop, I want a unique look when it is topless. Thought of chopping up my soft top to remove the rear glass and some of the surrounding canvas then figuring out a way to mount it to the bar. I borrowed a picture from lilgoats install and VERY POORLY 'edited' it to show kind of what I mean. I figure since the window on my soft top fell out again, i might as well play with it a bit :devil: With scissors... I was hoping to get some opinions and maybe some more ideas of how to attach the window section to the bar. My first hurdle is finding out if they even still make these bars or where to find one used or whatnot to see if i can even do this at all... either way it'll be entertaining:lurk:

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
That bar was manufactured by Rhys Millen's (spelling) fab team. Don't think they're available anymore.

·
Registered
233 Posts
when I bought my RMR bar they told me it was the last one they had that was in 2009

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that settles that. Looks like ill have to try and find a used one. Or just make one myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts