Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if GM will allow you to pick up your car at the plant? I understand the dealer couldn't be left out of the equation but I'm thinking if I found out my car was built and ready today, I'd seriously consider going to the dealer signing all the paperwork flying to the plant, Lordstown or where ever, drop the top and hit the highway to H-Town. Better than waiting 4-x? weeks for delivery and I have quite a few Southwest Airline vouchers so the trip up would be free. I suppose that would save the shipping charges as well, though that would be a secondary side benifit... Is it simply not allowed? SD/anyone who knows?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
:nonod:

There is no process available for plant pickup (like with Corvettes).

·
2,574 Posts
SlyFly said:
Does anyone know if GM will allow you to pick up your car at the plant? I understand the dealer couldn't be left out of the equation but I'm thinking if I found out my car was built and ready today, I'd seriously consider going to the dealer signing all the paperwork flying to the plant, Lordstown or where ever, drop the top and hit the highway to H-Town. Better than waiting 4-x? weeks for delivery and I have quite a few Southwest Airline vouchers so the trip up would be free. I suppose that would save the shipping charges as well, though that would be a secondary side benifit... Is it simply not allowed? SD/anyone who knows?

WE all know.....nope..There'd be a line across Delaware if they would. People would pay money for the opportunity. ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured. Maybe GM should consider, bet it would solve their shipping woes...

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
MAKsys said:
:nonod:

There is no process available for plant pickup (like with Corvettes).
That isn't want SlyFly was asking about, in my opinion.

I read the post's question to be is there is a policy where by dealerships (or their representatives) can pick up cars at plants or transit centers. Not a formal plant delivery option like the one that the Corvette plant offers in Bowling Green. We know there isn't that choice.

I am not sure how it would work. There would be definate questions about if the car was prep'd for delivery or ready for the ride. Don't think they would let a customer pick up the car. Lots of liability, insurance, legal, and ownership questions keep popping into my head. Must make them stop. :willy:

Interesting question none the less, one best answered by each person's dealership.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts