Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud owner of one of the first 1000 solstices to be made, but unfortunately I probably am going to have to sell it after receiving it due to money problems, I fnay of you know where I could best sell it or who might be interested give me an e-mail or reply.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where to sell your Solstice.....Ebay.....$30,000

OwnerFirst1000 said:
I am a proud owner of one of the first 1000 solstices to be made, but unfortunately I probably am going to have to sell it after receiving it due to money problems, I fnay of you know where I could best sell it or who might be interested give me an e-mail or reply.
[email protected]
You'll get $30,000 on Ebay immediately after receiving your Solstice. I've been a buyer and seller on ebay since 1997. An ad in your local newspaper will also find you a $30,000 buyer.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
First 1000 is not worth extra 6k.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just playing on E-bay, have a CT autodealer offering their first 2006 Solstice at MSRP plus amount of bid:

You Are Going To Bid On & WIN the rights to purchase a BRAND NEW 2006 Pontiac Solstice!

What this means to you is that by bidding you are trying to win the rights to purchase our first Pontiac Solstice. The vehicle has a suggested retail (MSRP) of $25,000.00 and the winning bidder will pay that $25,000.00 plus their highest bid as well as all applicable tax’s, motor vehicle and dealer fees.

So if your top bid is $800.00 you will be purchasing the vehicle for $25,800.00 + + +

PLEASE ASK ALL QUESTIONS PRIOR TO BIDDING…..

· Vehicle To Purchase

· 2006 Pontiac Solstice 2 door convertible

· Liquid Silver W/ Black Leather

· 2.4L DOHC 4 Cylinder Engine with 177HP

· 5 Speed Transmission

· Limited Slip Rear Differential

· 6-Disc CD Player / MP3 Playback

· XM Satellite Radio

· Monsoon Premium Speaker Sound System

· Power Package

· Convenience Package

· 4 Wheel ABS Brakes

· Carpet Floor Mats

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Yep ... there have already been a couple of eBay auctions for spots on the waiting list that went for about $3500 recently. And those weren't even for cars in the first 1000. In fact, one of the sellers said they EXPECT it to be one of the first 5,000 or 6,000 cars produced. If people are willing to pay that much to get a car just a little sooner, the first 1000 would probably command a much larger premium because they will be ready even faster. (But due to EOP rules, we shouldn't be seeing those slots for sale.) A lot of people in this day and age have money to burn and are willing to pay extra to be the first.

Also, a number of first 1000 buyers here have said they would not sell their car even if they were offered an extra $10k or $15k for it. So that means it's worth that much to them. It also means that it will be very difficult for buyers who want one that early to find one, so prices may be pretty crazy for a while.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The first 1000 aren't going to be out much ahead of the regular ones so you'd be paying for a month earlier? Only other reason is the idea that the first 1000 badge is worth something to collectors.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'd take 30,000 for mine but only if offered, I won't pursue it. Only reason I would take that is it would give me money to work on my 67 chevy truck.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Well 5000 cars is about a quarter of the year's production ... so the first 1000 may be as much as several months earlier. Not to mention the fact that the auction doesn't even guarantee the slot will get you a car in the first 5000 or 6000 ... it's just a ballpark figure. And there are only something like 10,000 orders taken. So if somebody is willing to pay $3500 to get halfway to the front of the line, it makes sense that a pass that cuts 90% of the line would be worth more. Also, the numbers of people seeking the cars out is bound to grow as time goes by, just as the number of members here at the forum continues to grow. Oh well ... I'm not going to speculate on the figures, but suffice it to say that I do feel that the first cars will be a hot commodity by the time they start hitting the streets.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
That's true Sly, I didn't think of someone coming in now with 9000 people in front of them, they'd get a big bump by buying their way forward. Good point.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
mceb said:
That's true Sly, I didn't think of someone coming in now with 9000 people in front of them, they'd get a big bump by buying their way forward. Good point.
Yeah exactly. Because we've pretty much determined anyone buying a car now, depending on the dealerhsip, could be waiting till the end of the 2nd 4 month allocation. However some dealerships apparently haven't even filled up all of their first 4 month, but I think that's very rare still.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Excelsior said:
If anyone offered ~$10k over my price, including the taxes I paid on it, I would not hesitate one iota on selling it. Then I could easily wait for a regular order and have even more $$ paid on it than I currently have.
I'm right there with you Excel....matter fact I may just put mine on ebay with a reserve of 35K. If someone wants it bad enough...I'll order a 2007 GXP and wait another year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sold!

A solstice today on ebay (first thousand) sold for over 10k!
It can be and has been done, but that guy better hope he doesnt get an AWESOME vin # as getting one of the first 10 would be killer

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
My dealer hasn't filled up his allocation.

But I have also thought about that. If someone NOW decides they want a Solstice... they will be waiting.

·
5,600 Posts
I think I'll check ebay for a new popcorn popper...:lurk:

So I sit back and watch the show as impatient bafoons throw away thousands of dollars on a car they can buy for list 4 months later. :glol:

·
4,592 Posts
I'm a waitin' for things to cool down, and read the reviews! I understand being in a rush to get one, but paying way over top dollar for it, I don't agree. To each their own, eh!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts