Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if this question has been asked is gm giving productions dates for cars ordered as the first 1000 are being built?

·
Registered
350 Posts
They have been building them for something like 3 weeks now. Probably about 1300 of them have been built

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
I dont know if this question has been asked is gm giving productions dates for cars ordered as the first 1000 are being built?
Where have you been? The first 1000 cars are built and shipped as of 1 week Sept.

·
Registered
233 Posts
deluke said:
Where have you been? The first 1000 cars are built and shipped as of 1 week Sept.
As of Friday, Sept 30th and according to my dealer, my first 1K was still at the plant...... :(

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called that toll free pontiac customer inqurie number they said all first 1000 cars would be all be shipped by the end of october thats why i was wondering why they would even pick up post 1000 orders if it was going to take one whole month just to get the cars they have maybee even built

·
Registered
515 Posts
VIN 1235 (or maybe 1285, but a post 1K for sure) was delivered to the dealer today. Came on the same truck as my #813.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
mssleepr said:
As of Friday, Sept 30th and according to my dealer, my first 1K was still at the plant...... :(
Thats a bummer ! But it might not be they way the give info, I would bet it's shipped.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
Called that toll free pontiac customer inqurie number they said all first 1000 cars would be all be shipped by the end of october thats why i was wondering why they would even pick up post 1000 orders if it was going to take one whole month just to get the cars they have maybee even built
Some reg. allocation people already got their car.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You mean they are already shipping post built cars and not all first 1000 built have been delivered yet

·
Registered
233 Posts
deluke said:
Thats a bummer ! But it might not be they way the give info, I would bet it's shipped.
I would love to have it before the end of October. :yesnod: I'll probably be the last first K to receive theirs. How awful that it was built in July and takes 3 months to make it home...... :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
dave clancy said:
You mean delivered. They shipped out all the F1K, then started on FF, ZM, and regular production. You'll see peeps have already gotten post-F1k cars. But all those have been on east coast. If you look at the F1k, which have not arrived, they should all be on the west coast, mountain, and central regions (due to the hurricanes).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sol2 said:
You mean delivered. They shipped out all the F1K, then started on FF, ZM, and regular production. You'll see peeps have already gotten post-F1k cars. But all those have been on east coast. If you look at the F1k, which have not arrived, they should all be on the west coast, mountain, and central regions (due to the hurricanes).
Well to repeat myself again, the DBC told my dealer that my Sol was still at the plant on Friday, Sept 30th. Now perhaps it may have been shipped out today, but my dealer was told not call back for a few days. I would love to be wrong..... :yesnod:

·
Registered
819 Posts
mssleepr said:
Well to repeat myself again, the DBC told my dealer that my Sol was still at the plant on Friday, Sept 30th. Now perhaps it may have been shipped out today, but my dealer was told not call back for a few days. I would love to be wrong..... :yesnod:
And we would all LOVE for you to be wrong! Nothing more disappointing than a wait with NO, ir INACCURATE feedback from the dealer. We all need to put on our red slippers and wish your Sol to be "No place like home. No place like home!" ;) :grouphug:

·
Registered
233 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
And we would all LOVE for you to be wrong! Nothing more disappointing than a wait with NO, ir INACCURATE feedback from the dealer. We all need to put on our red slippers and wish your Sol to be "No place like home. No place like home!" ;) :grouphug:
I'm clicking my heels and wishing for the "No place like home" motto.....I'll let you know if it works Dorothy.... :grouphug:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dave clancy said:
You mean they are already shipping post built cars and not all first 1000 built have been delivered yet

Yep. All first 1000 are built some might be waiting for some repairs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Any others?
add 101285 10/03
correct me if im wrong, but isnt that a pre-production vin?

·
Registered
60 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
My list shows these post F1K deliveries:
1135 The Mayor 09/29
1410 harry 09/29 NJ
1552 MGA1500 10/03 PA

Any others?
add 101285 10/03
My dealer tells me that my long awaited 101223 wil be in on 10/04.

I'll believe it when it's in my driveway!
I can't wait!
Marc

1 - 20 of 34 Posts