Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First Allocation Build Order

So, I did some searching and I am unable to find an answer to this question...

Are the first allocation orders being built in the order they were received (by date) or are they being built in some other fashion (by order location, exterior color, options, or by flipping a coin)?

I ordered on April 20th and was wondering if I was getting close... :lurk:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think they tape all the orders up on the wall and a guy throws darts at them to see which ones get built.

For shipping, the guy puts a blindfold on first. :willy:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hyzer said:
I think they tape all the orders up on the wall and a guy throws darts at them to see which ones get built.

Damn, I was hoping monkeys were involved somehow!

·
Registered
118 Posts
mrfantastic said:
Damn, I was hoping monkeys were involved somehow!

There are monkeys and it's not darts that they throw! :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
They are built according to allocation, so it doesn't really have anything to do with the order that they were received in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hyzer said:

No, you've got it all wrong. There's this huge bowl filled with little slips of paper (our orders!!!) that is being stirred with a big stick. Every so often a hand comes down from the sky and grabs a handful of of orders and takes them back into the clouds. Where they go from there is anyones guess!!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Cars are built by allocation position + allocation size + and possibly dealer location.

Cars for an order are always built in the allocations order specified by the dealer. Larger dealerships with larger allocations get built before smaller allocation/dealers. We've also heard a rumor that dealerships in prime Roadster allocations for this time of year are possibly getting some priority too. We have confirmation that cars are NOT being color batched.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Skidpad said:
There are monkeys and it's not darts that they throw! :willy:
:glol: first out-loud laughter today - thanks. :thumbs:

·
Registered
284 Posts
brentil said:
Cars are built by allocation position + allocation size + and possibly dealer location.

Cars for an order are always built in the allocations order specified by the dealer. Larger dealerships with larger allocations get built before smaller allocation/dealers. We've also heard a rumor that dealerships in prime Roadster allocations for this time of year are possibly getting some priority too. We have confirmation that cars are NOT being color batched.
:brentil: :brentil: :brentil:
BULL'S PIZZLE!!!!! That's all that is!!! BULL'S PIZZZZZZZZZLE!!!! I %[email protected]#$% put my order in as soon as I didn't get one of the 1st 1K and now just because I went to a smaller dealership in a not "prime roadster location" I'm less important than somebody who just put an order in at a ginormous dealership where it is a "prime roadster location"!!!!!! That is absolutely no way whatsoever to treat customers. Regardless of size and location all 1st allocation should be handled the same. My dealer was able to get one 1st 1K that was delivered about a month ago so if there's any preferencing that goes on it should be to the dealers that already received a 1st 1K. That shows that they have a definite interest at their location and if they've already got their 4 month allocation filled up then their 1st allocation order(s) should be picked up before other places. Even still, I would be happier if they just built them as they picked up the orders, even though through the way I proposed I would get preferential treatment. I've waited over 3 years for this car and I keep telling myself that a few more weeks is nothing. If just because I'm in Southern Indiana and that means not a "prime roadster location" and GM thinks that I don't want my car right away, then they are sorely mistaken!!!! I am getting fed up with all of the crap that they keep throwing at us. I know this has been hit upon tons of times but this whole 1st 1K program was/is a HUGE SNAFU. With having a year to re-tool the plant and then taking the first orders in late April/early May and then to not have any retail cars on the road before August is completely w/o excuse!! I'm happy for all of the people who've already received their cars but I'm quickly losing faith in GM. Finally, since they stupidly took the Camaro and Firebird off the market, GM has designed AND produced a car that has style and isn't out of the reach of the average Joe. (Which is part of the reason the F-Bodies died, GM was making them too overpriced and didn't advertise nearly enough, plus other reasons.) But now that they've built a car that oozes style and class they keep mucking everything up about its release and alienating the people who they're trying to appeal to the most. I would say that I'm going to cancel my order for my Solstice and take my money elsewhere but I would be lying because there is not another new car out there that appeals to me this much that isn't at least 3 or 4 times the price. One of the few cars I would even consider purchasing instead of this would be a 2001/2002 Firebird Firehawk, but the price for a good used one is still at or above a brand new Solstice and it's absurd to pay that kind of money for a used car. To summarize, all I can say to GM is, "the best laid plans of mice and men...".

:rant:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts