Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine went at 2:22 pm "conditionally accepted pending customer verification". ---Would have been sooner if the servers didn't come back busy on every submission but man was I lucky. I was number 2 on the dealer list and they were inputting both at the same time starting at 2pm. I stood behind one sales mgr and kept on prompting them to hit the back button and submit until it finally got all the way through. I was the only order confirmed...the other 4 went to a waitlist including the #1 guy.--- ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well congrats to the first 1000. I will not say who the customers in GA are, but there times were 2:34/2:37/2:38/2:39. I'm so happy for them, I feel like I just bought the car. :willy:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think mine went through about 2:40, probably one of the last. Havn't gotten confirmation yet. No celebrating yet!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Wait-listed here at 1:43:00 (assuming central time since that's where program HQ is located)

·
Registered
54 Posts
2:40 here, How about another round of 40 minutes of gut wrenching, nerve stomping
I think technology stinks butt kick'in. That was worse than rush hour road rage!
I would almost say a poke in the eye with a sharp stick would of been easier.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Time stamped 2:39:00 - We almost gave up about 1:30 (2:30 EST). Lucky, just lucky.

·
Registered
753 Posts
2:33:55 EST
we were resending each 'page' multiple times and the server was kicking us out. i was sure by about 2:25 that i was standing in line for a wait list, but when the confirmation came through ( CONDITIONALLY complete) you could have knocked me over with a feather. two other EOP people were at the dealer and we were all sending our stuff out at the same time but i hooked up with the 'internet sales' guy who was really on top of his game today. the others were coming to him for advice so i think they might have been a bit behind us in th process. one other was wait-listed ( it seems like only moments after me, but by the times posted by others must be a couple minutes behind) and the third i don't know how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Poor taste

I can't believe you 'winners' are now bragging about who had the fastest time. Isn't it enough to get one? Do you really need to rub it in? I'm sure some people are pretty broken up over the whole mess. Anyway it's the luck of the draw, not anything you did to deserve it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
For those that have been on this forum for a while, you probably know that I've decided to go with the MX-5 instead of the Solstice. However, I wanted to congratulate those of you who managed to get in on the EOP. I hope those of you that tried but missed out get your cars very soon thereafter. Enjoy your new rides! :cheers:

·
Registered
753 Posts
:agree:
if you've been watching and waitoing for the solstice for a year or two years and were at the dealer at 2:00 pm EST and got locked out by server backload it just ain't fair.
i got one, and i wouldn't have been at the right place at the right time without the help of all the forum members, in particular dealer and the committed posters (we all know who we are talking about) who helped make it happen for me and the others who were "at the right place at the right time".
i'd like to express my thanks to solsticeman, brentil,conejoe,smalldealer, gtoj,2kwk4u,satch, acheiftan, padgett,latinvenom,sccaracer and-really , everyone in this community for keeping the passion alive.
boys and girls, i believe we are looking at a '53 corvette for the 21st century.

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
I know from the many posts that we have a lot of forum members that were not able to secure one of the 1000's, however and I know this to some may still not be conforting, but if you really love this car and want one, you better order one from the dealer allocation from those that are selling at MSRP, otherwise this cars are going to be selling for 30K+, specially if GM does not produce more than 20,000.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts