Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I become a Life member or Premium member is posting pictures easier?
And where do I get instructions to post pictures.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RedOne7

That's what I used.
I thought maybe as a paid forum member there was a direct easy way to store and show photos.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,245 Posts
Thanks RedOne7

That's what I used.
I thought maybe as a paid forum member there was a direct easy way to store and show photos.
Paid forum members are able to attach photos directly to messages.

Don't know if unpaid members can do that, but it used to be that they couldn't.

YMMV

:thumbs:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Select post reply then select the paper clip. It will allow you to post pictures directly

Thanks RTE! I figured if anyone had the answer, it would be you.

·
Administrator
9,189 Posts
Select post reply then select the paper clip. It will allow you to post pictures directly
This will work for a non-paying member only if the pictures are saved to an online service such as Flikr.
Only paid members may attach pic directly from their computer/tablet/phone.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,245 Posts
Rob sometimes forgets that he is a Moderator AND a long time paying member, and that the priviledges he sees on a daily basis MAY NOT apply to the less priviledged non-paying non-moderator members.

Non-Paying members will NOT see a paper clip and do not have the pleasure of attaching posts directly to their messages.

Sorry, syjos, but you either need to become a paying member in order to attach photos directly to a message, or you need to learn how to use one of the third-party photo storage sites and then you can embed your pictures into messages here.

:seeya:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Although I'm a paying member, I find this annoying. I've lost count of the number of times I've stumbled across an old thread with pictures that would no doubt have been very helpful, but they've expired on whatever external hosting site was used. Preventing non-paid members from hosting photos here, permanently, is a disservice to me, a paying member.

Storage is cheap these days. Look at the Stack Exchange network - super-high traffic, direct image hosting, no payment. I'm happy to pay for the service but, with the ad revenue the owners get, hosting images shouldn't be an issue.

:(

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
Paid forum members are able to attach photos directly to messages.

Don't know if unpaid members can do that, but it used to be that they couldn't.

YMMV

Since you so eloquently pointed out that you need to be a paid member to post pictures, my objective was to add instructions for how you post pictures after becoming a paying member.:nerd: >:)

·
Super Moderator
15,999 Posts
Although I'm a paying member, I find this annoying. I've lost count of the number of times I've stumbled across an old thread with pictures that would no doubt have been very helpful, but they've expired on whatever external hosting site was used. Preventing non-paid members from hosting photos here, permanently, is a disservice to me, a paying member.

Storage is cheap these days. Look at the Stack Exchange network - super-high traffic, direct image hosting, no payment. I'm happy to pay for the service but, with the ad revenue the owners get, hosting images shouldn't be an issue.

:(
Well said. This is why I don't use a separate picture posting service. Five years later, you get nada:crying:

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
Well said. This is why I don't use a separate picture posting service. Five years later, you get nada:crying:
You know, there's a reason ASCII art was popular for so long. I think we should build a little site to convert images to text. Sure, they'd be big, but they'd last.

Or just base-85 encode everything directly in the message. Sort of like backing up a database to XML - bad idea - but it'd work. Or the way binaries were shipped over usenet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Easiest way to get a photo on the internet is with imgur.com

On the landing page, you can even drag drop a picture from windows onto the web browser. It probably takes 2.3 seconds to upload an image and get a direct link for the image to share. That means it will take you longer to find the picture want to upload combined with having to type in imgur.com

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The reason for nada is usually that the site where the pictures were located went out of business.

Not true, services like PhotoBucket would host your picture for 1 year before the link would expire.

·
Registered
46 Posts
RedOne07, I have pics on postimage,I'm not clear on how to post. Played with it some but no luck. Guess I don't know what I'm doing.:frown2: also my avatar and garage pics are side ways ? Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts