Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

AKA SolWhat?

AKA SolWhat?
also my avatar and garage pics are side ways ? Thanks
Open them in a photo editor, rotate them to the correct orientation and then resave them. Then re-upload to your avatar and garage.

That is what I've done to correct some of mine.

YMMV

:thumbs:

Registered
Ok thanks again
Also another way that is much quicker is to open them with Windows Photo Viewer (should be default Windows photo viewer) and hit rotate, then advanced to the next picture it will save the new orientation. I am pretty lazy as in I like short cuts, so this is legit quickest way assuming you have windows.

Premium Member
Or the original forum data crashes and all knowledge is lost. We know that is not always true, thanks to folks making big bucks in data recovery. Someone has to spend those bucks though and we cars guys are cheap unless it's our ride. On the impalassforum we lost years of excellent information. Server crashed & forum was sold. If you saved it to your own storage drive then all you have to worry about is your storage drive going belly up. It happens. I have a lovely aluminum Maxtor that is a door stop. Fortunately I had one back up. Between the backup and death all was lost.

The other possibility is the forum being sold and the archives dumped.

As a late participant, I've spent way too much time searching the forum for relevant information and storing it for my own use book of Solstice knowledge, tips and tricks. Very good stuff here and some chaff too. Never begrudge time spent on knowledge.

Lifetime membership is next.

Richard Snipes

Premium Member
Got Lifetime Membership today, mostly to post photos. Guess what? No paperclip. No posting photos.

I'll give it 24 hours and see. I apologize for attempting to send TS photos of my shift boot install and his. He could not open the links to my Facebook page. He would have seen the photos I wanted to send and me at the throttle of the N&W J 611 last July 2nd. That locomotive will turn any old man into a boy in a heartbeat. I digress...

Richard

Administrator
Got Lifetime Membership today, mostly to post photos. Guess what? No paperclip. No posting photos.

I'll give it 24 hours and see. I apologize for attempting to send TS photos of my shift boot install and his. He could not open the links to my Facebook page. He would have seen the photos I wanted to send and me at the throttle of the N&W J 611 last July 2nd. That locomotive will turn any old man into a boy in a heartbeat. I digress...

Richard
Give me a few minutes and I'll check on the posting picture issue.

Administrator
Picture posting

Everything is set correctly for your lifetime membership.

When you post you should see the attached screenshot.

The paper clip is located along the top bar.

Attachments

Premium Member
Ah ha...there it is. Does it only show up in reply to thread? It's not there, for me anyway it seems, in private messaging or quick reply? Hitting reply to thread was going to be my last attempt before folding the tent.

Thank you for that screenshot.

Richard

Now let's try to add a photo... Solstice GXP Wood Shift Knob Installation 6 8 2017.jpg using the paperclip.

Well now, that was enough hoops/steps but here it is...a test using the drag and drop feature I just noticed. Works fine but cut the file size by 50%. I'd already dumbed it down to post. I have to stay away from the glowing screen late at night!

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts