Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know ive posted alot lately but that is due to my lack of things to do at work. lol. well anyway i was wondering on the stock components or most the stock components, how much hp this motor could really haddle? and dont come back again with the 1000hp ecotec, i know its out there but im also pretty certain that to get that kind of power out of a I4 ecotec u would need to do some machine work on the block and upgrade alot of parts and do alot to the motor that isnt very stock. Obviously the things that u change to get more hp wouldnt be stock but retaining the same block and specs and most larger components what could we realistically see out of this motor. maybe addin a lil nitrous or something.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
The capabilities of the ecotec are reasonably well known. Have you tried searching the site? somewhere there is a discussion and a link or two to another site that talks about the capabilities of the ecotech, in steps from stock hp, up through 250hp and up to the 1000 you keep hearing about.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
In the ECOTEC build to 800+HP they had a chart that showed at what HP they had to replace parts. I think they got to 283HP before they had to replace anything on the stock 2.2L ECOTEC. The 2.4L VVT engine has some advancements over the normal 2.2L ECOTEC, but nothing as near as the 2.0L Supercharged engine has. Some of the parts that failed on the build up have been replaced on the 2.0L Supercharged already with forged versions instead of cast. I believe a lot fo the work done in this buildup were used to help develope the latest 2.0L Supercharged and SAAB Turbo engine.

I put a copy of the pdf of the build up story on my server since I'm always hunting it down.

http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/ecotec_buildup.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts