Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! New guy here. Just bought my yellow 2008 GXP a week ago and have been loving it. I have two questions, though, about the power mirror switch in the driver's door. The "joystick" part of that switch lights up with the instruments and other controls, but the left-right rocker portion does not. Is this like the dimmer control that intentionally does not light up or should both segments of this switch be illuminated at night?

I found the replacement switch and some pictures of it online. It looks like it's attached to the silver colored surround which attaches to the door panel. My second question, assuming I replace the non-lighting switch, is can this be removed by prying it from the door or do I need to remove the door panel to access the back of the switch?

Thanks,

Ray

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Ray, sorry no one answered yet. Yes, you need to remove door panel to access switch. The selector switch is not lighted.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
As glake said, normal operation. So no need to replace.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys. It's a shame it's not a lit switch when almost every other switch is. But it's good to know it ain't broke.

Thanks again.

Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts