Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership called me yesterday and told me that there would be a delay on my order being picked up due to the fact that there was a problem with the power package. He said that at the current time, there was no Sol's being "pick-up" that had the power package. Has anybody heard anything like this...do you think he is just making excuses...or is he just being misinformed...If it is him just being misinformed is there an information resource that i can point him to so as to correct this problem. Small Dealer, you may of some assistance here (as always.)

thanx.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I can't really help you to discover the truth but I can give you some info that MIGHT be of some use to you.

If you mean picked-up as in "Accepted by Product Control" as in Code 3000:

My VOM history shows my car at 3000 a total of 4 times now, and I have power package.

Dunno if that would help or not, but it seems I've got no problems with it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was told the same thing about 10 days ago by my dealer. He stated that of the 5 allocated cars for his dealership (no 1st 1000), he received notice that 3 were picked for production, and that one (my order, # 4 on his list) was not. He stated this is because it has the premium package and there was a delay for producing vehicles with this package currently. He surmised that of the first 1000 vehicles, many probably had the premium package, and this may have caused some of the delay. (probably just speculation on his part). The final car of their allocation was last on his list (he showed me the computer systems (VOMS??) because the buyer has backed out and he wanted to prioritize the cars in order to get them to the buyers who have posted a deposit already and are patiently waiting. That made sense to me.
Still, the premium package delay, if it is accurate, is a bit frustrating, but will try to wait it out. What's another month, or two eh?? Would love to hear that my car is in production (Sly, steel & sand, everything but XM and smokers pkg) but with everyone's help on this forum, feel I can wait it out.
This is a great forum.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
No "Premium Package" is leather and we have been through all that ad naseum, not supposed to be a problem NOW but was back in late June when orders were picked up for the first and almost last time.

Power Package is somethng new; we hadn't heard before; and quite frankly don't want to hear now.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Constraints they are called. Power package is a new one.

·
Registered
55 Posts
"Constraints"

Please see this post from Small Dealer on Aug. 16:

Small Dealer said:
During the last three weekly dealer order cycles there has been an order constraint on the Premium Package. First at thr 50% level, then 75%, and last week at 80%. There is also a constraint on the Chrome Wheels at 10% during last week.
Looks like the Premium Package is what is currently on "constraint".

·
5,641 Posts
The dealer order cycle started on the 18th, the Premium Package and the Chrome Wheels were no longer constrained.

Have seen nothing about any issues with the Power Package.

This could be a case os mis-spoke, mis-heard, mis-post, mis-take or something else. What isn't is mis-informed.

Ask your dealer to go over what he was trying to say (with what you have read here as background (ie Premium not Power), and how it releates to your order.

·
Registered
54 Posts
At least your dealers are telling you something. Mine doesn't know sheet! Everytime I contact them I get a blank stare. :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's good to hear, I don't want my car coming stripped of it's options.

·
Premium Member
8,258 Posts
Defining constraint

When I was informed my order was going live I went in to discusss options
and was told that "constraint" was meant to mean allocation.....
In otherwords...there were only "X" number or premium packages avbl at a given time. If yours could only be accepted "constrained" it meant you could not get the premium package.
Luckily I was not constrained and got the power package.

I too am a code 3000 waiting for an actual TPW. Ihave been told 09-05
but this is unconfirmaed as of today.

·
Registered
284 Posts
just talked with my dealer today and he said that there was also a constraint on the chrome wheels. he said that he freaked out when he saw that constraint because the other orders he's taken all have the chrome but my order is the only one without them so he said my order wouldn't have any problems and he should get the build date for mine in the next few days. he's been really cool with me since the beginning, especially with me not getting one of the 1st 1000. he said when he went through my order and saw that i just had the regular wheels he breathed a sigh of relief. i don't have the premium package either but he didn't mention there being a constraint on that. i do have the power package though but he didn't mention that being an issue either.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Small Dealer said:
The dealer order cycle started on the 18th, the Premium Package and the Chrome Wheels were no longer constrained.

Have seen nothing about any issues with the Power Package.

This could be a case os mis-spoke, mis-heard, mis-post, mis-take or something else. What isn't is mis-informed.

Ask your dealer to go over what he was trying to say (with what you have read here as background (ie Premium not Power), and how it releates to your order.
If they had just had their ordering system up to speed they should have been able to have offered the chrome all along. Now it seems that technically they could have outfitted about half of the first 1000 (the second half) with chrome, which I would have ordered to begin with if I could have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what i was originally referring to, was that my dealer told me that there would be a delay in GM picking up my order, because there was a hold (constraiant maybe) on cars with power locks, windows, etc.

If I am to understand Small Dealer's earlier comment, are you saying that after this past order cycle (or what ever its called) on the 18th, the constriant on orders with power accessories is over?

thanx again.
toby

·
5,641 Posts
toby said:
what i was originally referring to, was that my dealer told me that there would be a delay in GM picking up my order, because there was a hold (constraiant maybe) on cars with power locks, windows, etc.

If I am to understand Small Dealer's earlier comment, are you saying that after this past order cycle (or what ever its called) on the 18th, the constriant on orders with power accessories is over?
Small Dealer said:
Have seen nothing about any issues with the Power Package
No you misunderstood me. I posted that there hasn't been any issues with the Power Package. I suggested that you contact you dealer and ask for a clarification or more infomation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gottcha....bad thing is, my salesperson is off on tuesdays :willy:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
toby said:
gottcha....bad thing is, my salesperson is off on tuesdays :willy:
call and speak with the sales manager....tell him what you are seeking and have your VOM number handy to give to him...why wait on the salesman?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts