Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking through the information about the Solstice. Is the car equipped with power steering? I can’t find any place that discusses it. :)

Thank

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
ILVMYGT said:
I have been looking through the information about the Solstice. Is the car equipped with power steering? I can’t find any place that discusses it. :)

Thank

Welcome to the forum! I had a similar question as to power brakes. I believe the answer is yes to both. I will let others confirm this.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
The download of info I got on March 11th listed the standard steering equipment as power, rack-and-pinion.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I can't answer the brake info. The download I did, and the printout from my dealer, just says "Brakes, 4-wheel disc." Sorry.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Power brakes

Is there any car produced today that does not use power assist brakes? I can't think of one. And since ABS is an option, I have to assume that the power brakes as standard would be required. I would find it very difficult to believe the little price for ABS if they had to change the whole brake system.

In the past I bought a car without power door locks as they were not offered on the 2-door version, only the 4-door. I went looking and found out it was a simple matter of installing the solinoids. The manufacturer had installed all of the other components any way. When I asked why, I was told "it is too expensive to install two wire loom versions."

Another thread here stated that cars were scrapped rather than invest a small amount of labor to fix them. Cost reduction is their production RULE #1. So a long winded post on why I expect power brakes are standard.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Power steering is standard. The standard features list from Pontiac says, "Steering, Power, Rack-and-Pinion" However the brakes were a little tougher to confirm. Even I knew they were going to be power, all the official lists would say is "4 wheel disc". So I went to the gallery and looked at the engine photos. The one I have attached clearly shows a vacuum booster on the driver's side behind the brake resevoir and master cylinder. It's the big black disc shaped thing. I would have high lighted it or something, but I don't have any photo editing software on this computer yet. The brakes are power. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Have you looked closely at the rough spec sheet in the Technical FAQ, 2nd post? (link in my signature)

Technical FAQ said:
...Brakes
Type | 4 whl disc, hydraulic with vacuum power assist, (estimate: antilock optional)
Technical FAQ said:
Steering | Rack & Pinion, Hydraulic Assist

1 - 7 of 7 Posts