Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install the power up grade kit on my GXP pt. # 19212670. However I do not want to cut off the original plugs currently on the car's wire harness. Does anyone know where to get female MAP and TMAP connectors?

I have a second idea if plan one bombs which would involve cutting off the female connector from the original MAP sensor(s) then solder the wires from the new connector furnished with the kit to the sawed off plug. Then I would use heatshrink tubing around the adaptor/wires to make a nice neat new adaptor assembly. If there are female connecors available that would sure make it easier to do the job. Also it would not trash two perfectly good MAP sensors.

·
Registered
60 Posts
testing 123 testing

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
So... no, I haven't heard of any female connectors available. Not sure what you're hoping to gain here, since you can't pull it off and resell it anyways... And you really want a solid connection. I'd say you don't even want to use the crimp on butt connectors supplied. Some people have had problems with those and once the wires were soldered, all was good.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Agree - no reason to ever need to remove them. I soldered them and used heat shrink tubing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts