Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
slivergxp&.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler twin turbo ford
2,746 Posts
well after the scratches&dents to my car and greese allover the leather & rear window from the dealer this summer....I think Ill have to go with out if it craps out......... or possibly if cat-alack is still around I can take it to them. the local Pontiac/olds/jeep/GMC dealer is now nissan....

· Registered
2,746 Posts
so no real warranty on the patch repair....mine cam on today after about 20-30 sits....( almost 5000 miles) I will not pay gm to fix something they were supposed for a recall to fix already. a patch is not a fix.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
any body have any expearance with these???it would be nice if it was switchable...

Pontiac Solstice Passenger Airbag Seat Occupancy sensor - emulator

Pontiac solstice passenger airbag seat sensor - bypass
Product Condition: New

$79.00

· Registered
2,746 Posts
thanks for the heads up!! Wow that was a lot of reading....it didnt say alot about the 360 thingy.but what I did read about it wasent promising for it working.... but I do like the direction you are headed in, keep up the great research and work, thats the only way these cars will stay on the road with out black tape over the warning lights, I wonder who got paid off at the NHTSA to let gm put a tape fix on it.... :eek: :unsure:;). witch was pure :poop::poop:., I dont quite understand the 1 year warranty on a safety item that was recalled either....Ive put about 5 000 miles on my car since I bought it in early 2019, that seat has probably 2 times been sat in since the repair.....now thats some quality:poop: perhaps Ill give the 360 guys a call/email with my sr# and see what they say.. I dont like paying for things that dont do what they are supposed to do...kinda like the us government :eek: :unsure: :rolleyes:, oops my kid is a us diplomat.....abroad, way away from this **** storm.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
I think we all need to contact NHTSA to let them know the patch does not work. and we want the cars fixed right, not duct taped. is that all our cars are worth??duct tape??

· Registered
2,746 Posts
mine was patched in 19 or 20,and lasted about 20 sits. IMHO the NHTSA is responsible for repairing them corectly since they made a deal with gm to duct tape patch them. try contacting the NHTSA to get a 3rd recall. Ive tried but non of the links seem to work...

· Registered
2,746 Posts
another note,if you replace the pad, be sure to keep the old one. just encase you or somebody like me needs one...like for the driver side witch is NLA. and mine was shreaded by a big fat a$$ ploping down into it.( not mine,I just bought it like that 2 months ago& trying to glur it back to geather...and use the blown air bag as extra reenforcment.)

· Registered
2,746 Posts
I was refering to the foam pad. Ive not seen just the sensor listed. NHTSA owes me a new sensor and installation. They let gm patch it, It is bad.,a patch is not a fix.. might be time for a class action suit against both the NHTSA and GM.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
dam thats cheep for a stupid question...oh I forgot there are no stupid questions.execpt for the one not asked just before somethen gets AFU. GM needs to replace all PPS with the upgraded one.not a temp patch. how do we make them do that is the real question.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
they owe everybody that had the tape temp repair a new sensor&install. my report from gm dealer even says temp repair. temp is not a fix .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts