Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,067 Posts
I think we all need to contact NHTSA to let them know the patch does not work. and we want the cars fixed right, not duct taped. is that all our cars are worth??duct tape??

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1 Posts
Has anyone been successful at all pressing GM to pay for a full repair after the initial/temporary "fix" is out of the 1-year warranty? I just bought my Solstice and this came up days later. The original repair (reinforcement only) was in 2018, but it's only been driven a bit over 2,000 miles since then and I believe the passenger seat was, at best, rarely used during that time (purchased from my late grandfather).

Would B0081 symptom 71 be present when the mat is broken? Just want to confirm I shouldn't be looking elsewhere before changing the mat myself or taking it to a dealer.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,067 Posts
mine was patched in 19 or 20,and lasted about 20 sits. IMHO the NHTSA is responsible for repairing them corectly since they made a deal with gm to duct tape patch them. try contacting the NHTSA to get a 3rd recall. Ive tried but non of the links seem to work...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2007 GXP and have a service airbag light on. Is that an error that any of you have dealt with?

·
Administrator
8,973 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2007 GXP and have a service airbag light on. Is that an error that any of you have dealt with?
I moved this post into the thread about the PPS recall because the most likely cause of your problem is the Passenger Presence Sensor.

Your first step should be to get the fault code read to find out the actual cause. If it is the PPS your local GM dealer will likely replace the sensor for no charge as part of the recall.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts