Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be meeting my Sales guy for lunch on friday to talk about how I'd like things to go when my Solstice comes in..

NEXT WEEK!!!! Busting at the seams to get it!!! Dealer tells me they will have thier first allocation before September 14th if all goes well in transport.

My question is this, how should I present my list of demands... like no one driving my car except the guy who takes it of the truck and no front plate or dealer logos, without them sounding like a "list of demands" and what else should I be asking about? I just feel like they know I want the car so bad that they have me in a position to take advantage of the situation. I like my sales guy and think he is on the up and up but I think there are a lot of us who are in this boat right now..... :) :) :) :grouphug: :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
hodges1 said:
I will be meeting my Sales guy for lunch on friday to talk about how I'd like things to go when my Solstice comes in..

NEXT WEEK!!!! Busting at the seams to get it!!! Dealer tells me they will have thier first allocation before September 14th if all goes well in transport.

My question is this, how should I present my list of demands... like no one driving my car except the guy who takes it of the truck and no front plate or dealer logos, without them sounding like a "list of demands" and what else should I be asking about? I just feel like they know I want the car so bad that they have me in a position to take advantage of the situation. I like my sales guy and think he is on the up and up but I think there are a lot of us who are in this boat right now..... :) :) :) :grouphug: :willy:
Don't think no regular allocation will be anywhere on sept 14 th! You'll be lucky if all first 1000 and fm's and zz are delivered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just sent my VOM to cadillaccricket to find out my status. My dealer says he has my VIN and expects to see my car delivered in the next two weeks. why would the dealer want to string me along.... I want my car... today or whenever GM gets it done. What I don't need is the frustration of the carot and the stick approach to auto sales.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I spoke to my dealer, I asked him what his normal procedures were. Once he told me, I asked him if he could make some changes. I asked him not to put any of his dealer emblems (I compromised on the license plate surround - I can take it off later) and asked him to keep the miles at a minimum.

He asked me "Define minimum?" I told him that car should not have any more then 40 miles on it. I figured that was fair.

He then asked me if I'd leave it at the dealership for one night so those that already bought one could come take a look. I agreed on one condition - that it's roped off. He didn't agree to that, but did say - look, I promise to take care of your car.

Go figure... good luck!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
hodges1 said:
I just sent my VOM to cadillaccricket to find out my status. My dealer says he has my VIN and expects to see my car delivered in the next two weeks. why would the dealer want to string me along.... I want my car... today or whenever GM gets it done. What I don't need is the frustration of the carot and the stick approach to auto sales.
unless you are a F1K ....I cant see where they can have produced any first allocation cars yet....much less provide VIN numbers.....I would ask to see the VOMS output sheet from your dealer.....that will tell the story.....with many for the F1k cars...still pending delivery....for him to tell you a 14 Sept delivery for a first allocation car is...IMHO..blowing sunshine your way!..or he is completely clueless about the EOP and the challenges of it

My salesman was very upfront with me this past Sat..when I went to pickup the Solstice brochure.....I asked when he expected the car....he said..I could tell you something now..but dont want to get your hopes up.....what I will tell you is that I promise you a car....we have 5 first allocations and you are number 3....your car has been ordered (showed me the VOMs printout, and verified all my options) and I will give you updates as the codes change...

I honestly cant ask for anything else....he also stated as we get closer to getting the car...he would sit down with me and discuss delivery...and how I wanted to handle it..........

·
Registered
177 Posts
putrfixr said:
When I spoke to my dealer, I asked him what his normal procedures were. Once he told me, I asked him if he could make some changes. I asked him not to put any of his dealer emblems (I compromised on the license plate surround - I can take it off later) and asked him to keep the miles at a minimum.

He asked me "Define minimum?" I told him that car should not have any more then 40 miles on it. I figured that was fair.

He then asked me if I'd leave it at the dealership for one night so those that already bought one could come take a look. I agreed on one condition - that it's roped off. He didn't agree to that, but did say - look, I promise to take care of your car.

Go figure... good luck!
That guy is arrogent..like YOU owe him. I myself would NOT leave your car there any longer than it takes to complete the transaction.
He plans to drive it up to the mileage he pinned you down to.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
putrfixr said:

Go figure... good luck!
the minute he asked you to define minimum..you should have said zero miles, the fact he asked you to tell you the mileage...leads me to beleive it will be driven to that amount.....by whoever.....he isnt going to be there 24 hours a day once your car is delivered...so everbody will get their hands on that car...sit in it...touch...etc....just another chance for something to happen to it.....I agree a test drive is required..but should be no more than 2-3 miles.....

I wouldnt trust this salesman as far as I could throw him...just my opinion

·
Registered
201 Posts
PAO said:
I wouldnt trust this salesman as far as I could throw him...just my opinion
:agree:

but then again, I dont trust anyone :lol:

FYI
My salesman called me last week with the same info, "here it comes 9/14"

He has been clueless all along, so I told him he was waaaay off and why...he seemed dissilussioned that he couldn't lead a customer around by the nose

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife owes a great deal of gratitude to the forum for not letting me get so irritated with my dealer that I go out and get a new ducati instead of this car. Is it so hard for these sales guys to get it right? Just be straight about what you know and DON"T know! :brentil:

Anyway... it won't be long before the tone of the forum changes to HAVING and not WAITING.

My list so far.

1. Notify me with ETA as soon as possible, I want photos of car coming off of truck.
2. 0 miles... only take it of the truck.
3. No dealer logos, Dealer plate cover okay (I can take this off, and will)
4. No front plate assembly put on.

Side Note: I will bring car in for 2-4 hours on a Saturday for other Solstice owners who haven't got their car to see one in the fleash (my car is first dealer will get)

WHAT ELSE?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Delivery letter

Date: 9-01-05

To: Sales Person
Fr: Waiting...

Re: Delivery of Pontiac Solstice VOM# 111111

Sales Person,

-Please notify me with the ETA of my Solstice as soon as possible, I want photos of the car coming off of truck.

-I would like the car to only be driven when taking it off the truck and into service area. In other words, mileage as close to 0 as possible.

-Please do not attach any dealer logos; a dealer license plate cover is okay.

-Please do not attach the window sticker; I would like to keep it in new condition.

-I also request that no front plate assembly put on.

These request may seem extreme, but based on the delivery experience of some of the “First 1000” owners it only seems prudent to communicate this up front, before delivery.

In return for seeing these requests through, I would be happy to bring the car in to the dealership for a few hours so that you might have an opportunity to show it to those still waiting and prospective buyers. We can set a date and decide on details once I take delivery.

Regards,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts