Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I'm sold, now how to get one? I will be curious to know how soon I can order from the Dealer. 'Automotive' Magazine said there will be low production numbers so I want to get my order in quick.
They say around $20k, but we'll see what it will be after all the add-ons. Plus, I definately want the supercharged version but that is probubly going to be a 2007 model and I don't think I can wait. Then again I will probubly be deployed. I want my Solstice now, now, now!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Very good question...not sure anyone knows yet. My guess is orders next spring 05 for delivery fall 05. Prices should filter out next winter.

This is based on nothing but my gut feeling and my experience buying a 1st year model Ford Escape. Pontiac has up on their website "Fall 2005" which is when new year models come out (2006). We are in for a long wait.

:D

Also, is anyone concerned about ordering a car they haven't driven? Some will go on faith others will wait to test drive.

·
Registered
281 Posts
$100 isnt too much for me. if the car comes in and i dont like it, and even if the dealer keeps the downpayment, its not like it would break me.

mceb said:
Very good question...not sure anyone knows yet. My guess is orders next spring 05 for delivery fall 05. Prices should filter out next winter.

This is based on nothing but my gut feeling and my experience buying a 1st year model Ford Escape. Pontiac has up on their website "Fall 2005" which is when new year models come out (2006). We are in for a long wait.

:D

Also, is anyone concerned about ordering a car they haven't driven? Some will go on faith others will wait to test drive.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I swung by a Pontiac dealership yesterday to do the Hot Button promotion (yes, I am a procrastinator, and no, we did not win). I asked the salesperson about the G6 and the Solstice, and he did not have dates or any other info about any of them. No info on pre-orders.

He did mention the GTO was getting a lot of interest though. They just received their first one, and it sold in a day. Still on the lot, it is pretty decent car. $33k (MSRP of course), and 350HP. Nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The GTO is such a nice car i love u interior, the engine, and the body. My step dad drives a 1998 firebird with the LS1 and 6spd tranny and wow is that a nice car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had forgotten that one of the ladies I work with, her husband is the Sales Manager for both a Chevy and Pontiac dealership near me. I had a beer with him on Sat and discussed some details. So if I do go ahead with the purchase when they come out he said he can promise me the first one they get and at the very least MSRP or better. That puts me more at ease. :cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts