Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone in the Northern NJ area, there is currently a red pre-production Solstice on display at Salerno Pontiac Buick GMC Truck. The dealership is located on Route 10 in Randolph, NJ. (Morris County NJ)

I spoke to my salesman, and he said they should have the car there for the next few days (maybe til the end of the week). I myself will be stopping by after work today to do some hands-on exploring, which I could not do with the 2 F1K cars that I was able to take a look at the dealership.

The saleman said that they are not authorized to drive the car for test drives or anything, but that I would be able to see the top operation, sit in the car, check under the hood, etc.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm going.

I will be there after work today. I work in Hackettstown. Should only take me about 25 minutes to get there. Maybe I'll see you there. Thanks for the tip!

too bad I don't have my camera : (

·
Registered
152 Posts
If there was any doubt about this car before, it is now gone. All I can say is wow. She's byoo-tee-ful. So much nicer in person. Low, wide. just gorgeous. It was torture. I poked and prodded everything. Put the top up and down. I was like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait for mine!!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GHM73 said:
If there was any doubt about this car before, it is now gone. All I can say is wow. She's byoo-tee-ful. So much nicer in person. Low, wide. just gorgeous. It was torture. I poked and prodded everything. Put the top up and down. I was like a kid in a candy store. I can't wait for mine!!
I know what you mean. I probably just sat there in the car for about 15 minutes, getting a feel for it, playing with everything, figuring out how it all worked. I'm sure it was quite entertaining for all the salesmen, but they all know me pretty well by now. (They recognize me by my SOLST1S license plate when I pull into the parking lot. :lol: ) I was really glad to finally get a chance to check out all the operational bits, like raising and lowering the top, opening the hood, etc.

I also had some discussions with some of the sales guys over mounting the front license plate. The salesmen were telling me to run without it! :lol:

What time did you finally get to the dealer? I was there from about 4:20pm to 5:05pm.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marc said:
I was 5 minutes from there today. Too bad I didn't know sooner...
Damn.
:(
Marc, the car should be there for a few more days at least. If you haven't gotten a chance it sit in one yet, it is definitely worth the effort to go and see one in person. I don't know if it makes the waiting easier or harder, but it is definitely worth the trip. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
dengel What time did you finally get to the dealer? I was there from about 4:20pm to 5:05pm.[/QUOTE said:
Hey Dengel,

I was there from about 5:45 - 6:30!

I took some pics too. Here a question. When I put the top back down, there's 2 little "flaps" on the silver "tulip panel" as they call it. what are those for?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GHM73 said:
I took some pics too. Here a question. When I put the top back down, there's 2 little "flaps" on the silver "tulip panel" as they call it. what are those for?
I'm assuming that you mean the silver trim piece behind the seats, right? Basically, the two little "doors" flip open during top operation to allow the linkages which support the top to pass through that silver painted trim piece. After the top linkages "pass through" that area, the little "doors" close back up and lay flush with the rest of the trim panel.

·
Registered
152 Posts
dengel said:
I'm assuming that you mean the silver trim piece behind the seats, right? Basically, the two little "doors" flip open during top operation to allow the linkages which support the top to pass through that silver painted trim piece. After the top linkages "pass through" that area, the little "doors" close back up and lay flush with the rest of the trim panel.

Yeah, the sales brochure calls that the "tulip panel". kinda fruity name, but whatever.

Those "flaps" don't seem to close well on their own - or maybe it was just the pre-prod car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts