Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Know there has been other threads about this, but now that it is out, thought I would start a new one with the limited info.

Effective October 27, 2005, a new option, the Premium Acoustic Headliner is available to be ordered. This new headliner will enhance interior sound quality and offers a premium appearance also. It will be required on any car that also orders OnStar. The MSRP is $150. Do not know if it is factory or dealership installed. Also no pictures. It is not listed on the current accessory listing, so do not know if it will be, so it could be added to previously built cars.

Anything new I see, I will add here.

Update 1/16/2006: Headliner is now available to order without OnStar.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
dylan01 said:
So do you think this will be a different color top? hmmmm
It's a lining for the inside of the top dylan01, so I'm fairly certain it will be black. ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
headliner

Wonder if it will have any beneficial effect on the minor wind noises some of us have been hearing. Read an Auto Nation review today and they mentioned the wind noise coming from the lower rear part of the window.

·
5,600 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Kno
Effective October 27, 2005, a new option, the Premium Acoustic Headliner is available to be ordered. This new headliner will enhance interior sound quality and offers a premium appearance also. It will be required on any car that also orders OnStar. The MSRP is $150. Do not know if it is factory or dealership installed.
AWESOME NEWS! This is a badly needed item.

Thanks, Small Dealer! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The currently liner works good for me.....I won't be needing it. Maybe the background noise is too much for the low quality onstar microphone!

·
Registered
397 Posts
SD - Do we have an order code for the headliner yet?

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SD SOL said:
SD - Do we have an order code for the headliner yet?

AZ5

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...you pantywaist wimps

I don't need no stinkin' liner. I don't need no stinkin' top.
:cool:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
If it is anything like the liner in the Z28 SS I drive... "premium" means that it covers up the bars and the mechanicals of the top.

I will be going to my dealer tomorrow to tell him I want it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Premium headliner

My dealer says that it is not as yet available as a stand alone option without onstar from the factory.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Question

Will this liner be a problem when stowing the top within the clamshell. From what I saw at the ride and drive it was a pretty tight fit when stowed

·
1,492 Posts
Liner Top

Manufacturer for Solstice Top : Collins & Aikman, they also make the top for Vette. One of our members works at the Adrian, MI plant and could probably answer some of our questions.

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RBH said:
My dealer says that it is not as yet available as a stand alone option without onstar from the factory.

To have the announcement come the same day it is scheduled to be available to order was a bit of a surprise. But since there are no allocations scheduled this week's order cycle, there is time for VOMS to be straightened out. Guess it is a wait and see deal.

Perhaps more info will be available next week from the SEMA show.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
whitefang said:
Manufacturer for Solstice Top : Collins & Aikman, they also make the top for Vette. One of our members works at the Adrian, MI plant and could probably answer some of our questions.
This forum has all the hookups! :thumbs:

·
5,600 Posts
fak429 said:
Will this liner be a problem when stowing the top within the clamshell. From what I saw at the ride and drive it was a pretty tight fit when stowed
There is no way to know this answer. It may well be that the frame determines the volume of the top when folded in the trunk, and if that is the case, then another layer of cloth won't increase the stowed volume. If on the other hand, the cloth doesn't allow the frame to completely fold up, then adding another layer of cloth will compound the problem.

It is a "wait and see" item. I sure want the liner, through.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Small Dealer said:
EXCELLENT!!! Thanks SD!
I already requested mine - haven't heard back yet though so we'll "wait and see" too.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts